My TC's Mark 1 AR build: ultimate goal "Proof Tony Stark..." replica (img heavy)

DoggieDoc

I just wanted to share my build of ThrowingChicken's Mark 1.0 Arc Reactor kit. My ultimate goal is to make a replica of the "Proof That Tony Stark Has a Heart" present that Pepper gave Tony, as many others of you have done. Thanks for letting me share my work here as a newer member!

Was there ever a piece made for the back end of throwing chicken's Arc Reactor?
Nothing official. I looked and looked and found a few people who made one offs for themselves, but no one seems to have made a kit. Anyone know where I can get the "Proof" ring?

So while waiting for my glass case to be made I went ahead and started on the stand for the arc reactor. I simply used various pieces of PVC piping and cut off the widths needed based off images I captured from the Itron Man bluray. I painted each piece the correct color, again determined from still shots of the movie (there are only RARE glimpses of the side of this thing so it was tough!). The base is a simple piece of pine (that has since been painted silver). Once I get the glass case I will router in a groove for the case to sit into. Once that is done all I need is the "proof" ring.

Last edited:
Looks great so far! What silver did you go with on the base pieces? I like the finish. For the "proof" ring, check with GuntahKela. He offered a run from a production mold that TC based his redesigned kit on (the same kit you have). TC also developed a heat sink cage for his kit, but has never offered it

Looks great so far! What silver did you go with on the base pieces? I like the finish. For the "proof" ring, check with GuntahKela. He offered a run from a production mold that TC based his redesigned kit on (the same kit you have). TC also developed a heat sink cage for his kit, but has never offered it

Thanks! I am hoping to get the glass case to or row. I will continue to update. I ended up researching and finding ghuntahkela on my own, haha. I sent him a PM but he never responded. I also tried to send a PM to TC as well and he didn't respond either. Maybe because I'm a newer member:confused. I'm really hoping I can find a good source for the ring because the ones available on eBay just aren't too great.

So the local glass company I used came through with flying colors (though it took a lot longer than I was wanting). Based off measurements I got from another thread here I had a glass case made that was 6.25"x6.25"x7.25". It is PERFECT!! A few pics to showcase the glass display case and the stand I built for the arc reactor. Now I need to router in a groove for the glass to sit in, build the "Proof..." ring, and wire it up. Pretty happy with everything overall:clap.

Coming along nicely. The reactor is now wired to run off outlet power. I found a 3V, 700mA AC/DC converter and wired it directly to the reactor. I was then able to put the stand, base, and reactor together into one unit. I routered a groove into the base so the glass case can fit snugly and then applied multiple coats of silver paint to eliminate the wood grain appearance. I think it ended up in a nice, clean look. Now I just need to build or buy the "Proof That Tony Stark Has a Heart" ring and it will be completed!

Last edited:
FINALLY done. I ordered a heat sink cage of Shapeways, and it was perfect. It was a nice, sturdy, white plastic that I just put a quick coat of black spray paint on. I then glued it directly to the back of the reactor assembly. GhuntaKela did not have any "Proof" rings available but I was able to find a seller on eBay who made them. It was WAY more expensive than I would have liked ($30) but in the end I think it looks great. I am not 100% screen accurate, as there is an extra metal ring piece on the "Proof" ring from the eBay seller, but whatever... all in all it looks amazing and I am so happy with the addition to my room.

Hi
you did a great job with the display! Looking for a proof ring myself. Recently finished my scratch built reactor but its a bit larger than the standard. Where did you get the ac adaptor? I would like to plug mine in as well

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back