Princess Leia ANH blaster… help required

hansolo2504

Hi all, first proper post here although I've been here for a while. I'm really looking to start a blaster collection and am starting to purchase doppydoos han blaster kits since I figured they're a good place to start. But am looking for a Princess Leia DDC blaster since it's realativly iconic to the first film. Does anybody know if there are any good resin kits or base guns that won't require much work on them?? Can't find a margolin pistol let alone afford one!! Any and all help appreciated :) hoping to move onto metal blasters later on when I'm more confident
cheers
George :D

gosh that's awfully kind of you! What type of plastic would they be printed with? ABS? I'm certainly open to the idea.
thank you very much what sort of pricing do you think?? Cheers :thumbsup

gosh that's awfully kind of you! What type of plastic would they be printed with? ABS? I'm certainly open to the idea.
thank you very much what sort of pricing do you think?? Cheers :thumbsup

Yes, as, it'd be printed in ABS. Let me finish modeling it and I'll print one off to take a look at.

Ok cheers. How heavy duty is the plastic or woul you have to wait until it's printed to
know that?

3D printed objects can be printed at various resolutions and densities, which contribute to their overall look, finish, and how "robust" they are. If it's something that is going to be trooped with or used, I can print it at 100% density, so basically the equivalent of a hunk of ABS plastic. If it's just to display somewhere, I can print it lighter. The one I'll be printing initially will be 100% density and .1mm resolution, so I'll take some pics and we'll see how it looks/feels.

Sounds very cool! Okay it'll most probably be on display most of the time. Cheers for the info. I look forward to seeing how it turns out :)

Anywhere I can see pics of yours from a previous run?

Just curious... not pushing or anything, heh.

Just like to see a good blaster...

Have you visited the Rebel Legion forums? If not, then register there, then go to the costume and prop sale forum. There is a user named Darthhair who makes fantastic Leia ANH blasters :) I bought my ANH blaster from him and it is fantastic.

PICS or it didn't happen. :D

Have you visited the Rebel Legion forums? If not, then register there, then go to the costume and prop sale forum. There is a user named Darthhair who makes fantastic Leia ANH blasters :) I bought my ANH blaster from him and it is fantastic.

Well...this Darthhair is obviously a RECASTER, sorry to say that.
The Leia blasters he´s offering are molded from a MasterReplica DDCD, 100% sure on this. There are tellsigns, such as the sight windage missing any engravings, the missing logo on the grip shell and most important the mag-base...Back the days, MR was unable to find THE correct magazine to retool their master from, so Steve D. used my scratchbuilt mag-base for reference.

Yes, they´re "nice" anyway :rolleyes

Markus

Here are the only two pics I could find of the run I did in 2002 (!)

the new kit would be from my 100% accurate margolin with black grips and alu-powdered body with alu barrel...

Markus

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back