Tie Pilot Helmet

cboath

Master Member
Is there a heirarchy of Tie Pilot Helmet makers?

I figure Laws is at the top, but that's all I know. SDS is persona non grata, After that, i'm out :)

Input would be appreciated - via PM if necessary. Just have no clue who all makes 'em and the accuracy level. I'd consider laws, but from what i've read lately, the wait is like a year or longer...long wait considering i've read you need to pay up front.

Hi-Impact produced a few outside of the group but we stopped after being recast at least 4 times in one year.
The group has since then retired for the most part as far as I know.
The last event we did as a full group was the Ep 3 Charity Premier in SF.

There are still a few core members in the SFBA but I haven't seen or spoken to them for several years.
Several of us moved away due to the economy.

I'm a bit out of the loop but after Laws most would go for MC as the next most accurate bucket though really there isn't a lot between them.

Other than that I'd point you towards one of Jarvis' lids. I know DA still does a kit in HIPS but the faceplate is generally considered a recast and the Mohawk is too high and not quite wide enough causing a squished appearance.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back