Mutronics's 2014 Mar-May Sculpture Contest Entry

Beautiful work! You're setting the bar awfully high :p

Thanks Rens!

really nice piece, well done :D

Thanks Jackdaw!

I think he's finished. I made small vac forming box and formed a blood bag (haven't added the blood yet) and oxygen mask that are being sort of thrown aside by him as he getting up off the hospital table.

I'll be adding a hospital name wrist tag and an ECG thingy that'll go on his finger, but i need to do that when it’s been cooked.

I've really enjoyed working on this one and have learnt alot from it.

Thanks again for all the positive comments guys!

FrankiewithBase1_zpsbe17ba7c.jpg

FrankieWithoutBase2_zpse5b5f686.jpg

FrankieWithoutBase3_zps3f28f16c.jpg

FrankiewithBase3_zps07f88496.jpg

FrankiewithBase2_zps263b63ee.jpg

FrankiewithBloodBag3_zps70e08bc0.jpg

FrankiewithBloodBag1_zpsdcec3c00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is insane. I especially like the hand position, the facial expresion, and the skin texture. But, there isn't a thing about this that I DON'T like.

This is insane. I especially like the hand position, the facial expresion, and the skin texture. But, there isn't a thing about this that I DON'T like.

Thanks Ruddigger! Glad you like the hands and texture, i tried to get them into extreme angles, but that also looked natural.

This looks great! He looks both terrified and disgusted at the same time with his facial expression which fits the scenario perfectly. I really like the smaller details with the stitches and wrinkles. Will you take some closer photos of the bust when its all finished? What did you make the teeth out of?

This looks great! He looks both terrified and disgusted at the same time with his facial expression which fits the scenario perfectly. I really like the smaller details with the stitches and wrinkles. Will you take some closer photos of the bust when its all finished? What did you make the teeth out of?

Thanks CoolKotton! Yeah i'm really happy with the way his expression turned out, he's looks a bit angry and down in the dumps. Although i was looking at it the other day and he started looking to me as if he was about to sneeze! Lol!

The teeth were made out of milliput and sanded into shape. I've also just finished baking him and i'll start moulding him next week. I'll post some more detailed pics when the competition is finished.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back