Star Wars Exhibit Indianapolis: 5’ Falcon, Tantive IV, ISD Devastator, Sandcrawler

raiders

This past August I attended the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Exhibit in Indianapolis. The staff was very strict about using any kind of illumination on the models. Fortunately the museum’s overhead lights illuminated the top surfaces of the models and produced excellent results. The underside of the models were poorly light, but my camera worked well in these situations. As in Ottawa, I used a Nikon D7100 camera with a Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX Nikkor lens. The camera automatically adjusted for lens distortion. I used RAW mode which gave an image that is 6000x4000 pixels and is approximately 28 Mb. I used Nikon’s Capture NX 2 to do a basic conversion of the RAW file to a JPEG and applied the Auto level setting to each file, which produced a manageable file size under 4 Mb.

I uploaded the files to my Microsoft Onedrive account (formally skydrive). It’s free to access the pictures. However, if you don’t have an account I believe you’re limited to downloading a maximum of 300 Mb at one time. It’s free to set up an account with them.

Use the following link to access the files: https://onedrive.live.com/#cid=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC&id=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC!19998

You can find the following pictures:
Millennium Falcon 5 foot ANH (2482 pictures)
Tantive IV (2844 pictures)
ISD Devastator ANH (2160 pictures)
Sandcrawler (378 pictures)
Landspeeder Full size and model (~200 pictures)
Probe Droid (~150 pictures)
Y-Wing (826 pictures)
Hoth Macrobinoculars (108 pictures)
Luke tauntaun stop-motion puppet (69 pictures)
AT-AT (92 pictures)

Feel free to share these pictures, but no selling for profit and please don't post them to other websites without my permission.

Steven

Last edited:
Re: Star Wars Exhibit Indianapolis: 5’ Falcon, Tantive IV, ISD Devastator, Sandcrawle

These are GREAT:thumbsup
Thanks for sharing.

Re: Star Wars Exhibit Indianapolis: 5’ Falcon, Tantive IV, ISD Devastator, Sandcrawle

wow, thank you very much for sharing

Thanks so much for taking these and sharing them. You've just photo-bombed the hell out of those things. Did you sleep there overnight or something?! :) - The 5' Falcon sets in particular are a massive help.

Cheers
Nick

Wow thank you for those photos! Haha and I thought I had taken a lot of Falcon photos.

Amazing. Thanks raiders. This is a massive update. I'll definitely be bulking up my photographic collection with these.

Thanx a lot for sharing these. And who thought we could never have enough pics....... ?

Imagine if all those pictures where taken on a 35mm camera........

Thanks so much for taking these and sharing them. You've just photo-bombed the hell out of those things. Did you sleep there overnight or something?! :) - The 5' Falcon sets in particular are a massive help.

Cheers
Nick

Thanks for all the comments. I spent two full days at the State Museum taking these pictures.

I added a set of pictures of the AT-AT to the link in my first post.

Thank you VERY much for these images, you just elevated the level of detail in all my current and future builds!

Beautiful stills, very nice work...thank you!

Many thanks - fantastic shots.

Amazing photos.
Thanks for taking the time to take them & share them.
Outstanding effort!

Excellent pics. Now The Y-wing in these pics is the Bill George Y-wing correct? Does anyone know for sure?

Another big thank you. Very good quality on these pics, and an abundance of angles!!!

Wow an abundance of reference. Cheers!!

Ben

TFS these with us...:cool

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back