Master Replicas Jedi Remote and/or Leia Blaster help required

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
I have a couple of items I want to display by incasing them. I have a few questions about measurements.

MR Jedi Remote.

INFO

• I would like to acquire a bell jar for this item. I checked the web and people mentioned 8x8x10. However, I believe this was for a rectangular style case.
  • I measured my remote but I am still unsure. It hard to tell if a 10" high dome will fit the curve of the top of the remote correctly especially when you consider the plaque area prevents it from sitting centered on the base is the base are is just large enough to contain it.
  • Another factor is that often what I have read about the bell jars, the size represents the outer dimension and not the internal area. therefore a 8x8x10 dome will only fit a 7.75x7.75x9.75 object.

What I would like to know.

• If you have a dome for your remote, what size did you get?
  • If you got a rectangular case, what size did you get?
  • I have few ideas where to go to get domes or cases, but if you have suggestions, let me know.

MR Leia Blaster

INFO

• I picked one of these up on ebay years ago. It was a packaged as a replacement piece (it was only the stand and base, no paperwork, no top case, no plaque).
  • I would like to get a top section of the case made for it. I measured it and this is what I came up with measuring the lip around the base:
    • ​External: 17 7/8 x 4 5/8
    • Internal: 17 9/16 x 4 3/8
    • Difference: 5/16 x 1/4
    • Acrylic thickness needed: 1/8 ?
    • Height: 9"?

What I would like to know.

• Are my measurements correct?
  • Can someone with a case tell me their measurements?
  • I have few ideas where to go to get a case made, but if you have suggestions, let me know.

I can measure the cover of my MR DDCD for you Frank, but as always it might take a few days.
plus it'd be in centimeters...cool?

Markus

Hi Frank

Just have a large ruler at hand and came up with these measurements:

• ​External: 45,3 cm x 11,8 cm
  • Internal: 44,65 cm x 11,15 cm
  • Acrylic thickness needed: close to 3 mm
  • Height: 20,3 cm

Hope that helps?!

Markus

Many thanks. :thumbsup

FYI: Measurement conversions for others who may need them.

◦ External: (45,3 cm x 11,8 cm) or (17.83” x 4.65”) or (1713/16”x 45/8”)
◦ Internal: (44,65 cm x 11,15 cm) or (17.58” x 4.39”) or (179/16”x 43/8”)
◦ Acrylic thickness needed: close to (3 mm) or (0.12”) or (01/8”)
◦ Height: (20,3 cm) or (7.99”) or (8”)​

Last edited:
Here is a quote from J-Display Case We offer professional grade acrylic display cases for the Leia case (no base)

Hi from J-Display Case,

Details: An all clear .122" thick acrylic Model Cover
5 Panel square, parallel and embedded joint fabrication using best quality "Acrylite" brand material.
All exposed edges cold micro polished clear and smooth.
“Hold dims tight”
Inside dimensions of: 17,9/16” x 4,3/8” x 8” H Quantity (1) $57.53
Packaging $7.50
FedEx ground $17.71
Your total $82.74
Current lead time: 13-14 weeks*

Does that price seem fair? I checked another place online that calculated the cost of a custom made case and it came out close to the same.​ Has anyone else dealt with J-Display? I went to them because they have a section on their website dedicated to Star Wars items.

Here is a quote from J-Display Case We offer professional grade acrylic display cases for the Leia case (no base)
Hi from J-Display Case,

Details: An all clear .122" thick acrylic Model Cover
5 Panel square, parallel and embedded joint fabrication using best quality "Acrylite" brand material.
All exposed edges cold micro polished clear and smooth.
“Hold dims tight”
Inside dimensions of: 17,9/16” x 4,3/8” x 8” H Quantity (1) $57.53
Packaging $7.50
FedEx ground $17.71
Your total $82.74
Current lead time: 13-14 weeks*

Does that price seem fair? I checked another place online that calculated the cost of a custom made case and it came out close to the same.​ Has anyone else dealt with J-Display? I went to them because they have a section on their website dedicated to Star Wars items.

Quote looks really fair! I had much higher quotes around for something smaller!:rolleyes

Regards,
Alberto

Still waiting on the Leia blaster cover. Based on there ETA, i still have about another month wait.

Does anyone have anything helpful regarding a ready made or custom bell jar or case for the jedi remote?

Still waiting on the Leia blaster cover. Based on there ETA, i still have about another month wait.

Does anyone have anything helpful regarding a ready made or custom bell jar or case for the jedi remote?

Sorry dude, I forgot to subscribe this thread, I've seen plenty around E-bay, just making this search: "bell jar display" take a chance!

Regards,

Alberto

All my cash it saved for actual projects. Don't have any to toss around at a loss. Must be nice. :p

I think I need one that is 8" diameter. However the ones on ebay at 8" is exterior. So the interior is about 7.75". The area on the base with the plaque makes it hard to determine a good fit. It makes it sit off center because of it and may force the remote to hit the top of the glass.
i also don't want one too big because that just will not look right. I really need someone who has delt with this issue.

i know a place to get a 8x8x10 box shaped case. Those would work but I wanted to see about the dome option first.

All my cash it saved for actual projects. Don't have any to toss around at a loss. Must be nice. :p

I think I need one that is 8" diameter. However the ones on ebay at 8" is exterior. So the interior is about 7.75". The area on the base with the plaque makes it hard to determine a good fit. It makes it sit off center because of it and may force the remote to hit the top of the glass.
i also don't want one too big because that just will not look right. I really need someone who has delt with this issue.

i know a place to get a 8x8x10 box shaped case. Those would work but I wanted to see about the dome option first.

I see :rolleyes

I hadn't time to go to my friend's contact for the new Cases I need, maybe I can ask for a quote! Still there would be shipping from Italy...

Regards,

Alberto

Have you checked with Kodafett? I remember seeing that he offers the bell jars with a base for the Training Remote.

I didn't know he was that bad with his communications. I've looked at his site before and from what others have said he does great work if you can get ahold of him.

I was on Kodofett's website recently and saw that he made an update in May. That's a good sign but I will not be the one to test the waters.

I am going to try this:
8" x 12" Glass Clock Dome | Shop Hobby Lobby

With the 50% glass decor and shipping and handling, it comes out to $20. That is a lot better that I have seen other places. Unfortunately no one in the area carries these in stock.

The 8" is going to be a tight fit especially since the 8" is outside the glass, not inside. i would love to have a few more fractions of an inch to play with. The 12" hight is about 2" higher than I would have liked. !0" would have been ideal but that fact that the base of the MR jedi remote has the built in plaque stand in the front throws off the alignment. So a little more hight may be a good thing.

I tried to do some research on past owners and their solutions. I've read some others talking about going to local craft stores and purchasing domes. Those posts were many years old so it explains the change in what is carried in stock in the stores. The info was very short of detail. They never talked about size or showed images (or images links were expired). My research in what type of domes are common that would fit is the 8x12. I've seen some that were 10x10 but I fear the diameter would be too excessive.

They did not have bases in stock. I may pick up one later somewhere else but I have a feeling I may want to develop a custom base that allows the base of the Jedi remote to be raised in order to utilize more of the empty space above.

To follow up the last post. Here it is...

IMG_1351.jpg

The diameter is perfect. I still need a base and I want to add a 1.75-20" black riser so there i not so much empty space at the top.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back