Metal Gear Rising Cyborg Raiden Mask

Tarchinoko

I recently was commissioned to make just the mask parts of raiden from MGR
Built mostly out of foam with a little bit of styrene, acetate and a halloween mask!

I used those sun visor hats and ripped the plastic out for the visor material, ive found its the cheapest way to do visors as they cost me around $4

20140307_154615.jpg20140225_194044.jpg20140307_101611.jpg

I used styrene to make the arms that are attached to the visor
Then I sealed up the foam, slapped on some steel paint and a bit of silver acrylic for weathering!

IMG_1732.JPGIMG_1731.JPGIMG_1733.JPG

Without the visor in!

IMG_1727.JPG2.jpg3.jpg

and with the visor in! I know I know... no white wig but it was a commission so I didnt want to buy a white wig just for the purposes of taking a few pictures :p

Ive done a quick video explaining how it goes on as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
always love it how to find some cheap random mats like your skull halloween mask and some visors and make it into something awesome.

nice work man :thumbsup

always love it how to find some cheap random mats like your skull halloween mask and some visors and make it into something awesome.

nice work man :thumbsup

Thanks man! prop making to me is always about being creative with your resources :p

Excellent work!! i am a noob and hope that i will be able to make some nice "pieces of art" like your mask did you also do the armor please pardon my grammer as i am not english :)

Not yet! I was only commissioned to make the mask but making it has inspired me to do the whole cosplay for myself as well eventually :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back