Anyone with a CNC metal lathe?

FLM Concepts

There are two parts that I cannot make myself for my ST:III communicator, and I was wondering if anyone here had a CNC metal lathe willing to turn a bunch of these small brass parts.

If you look in my WIP thread, they're the conical part of the hinge and the small brass ring part of the hinge. The conical part will have a longer portion that fits within the brass ring and into the blue bucket with an internal thread for a screw to hold it all in-place. Either that, or the conical part will have an external thread and the ring will have an internal thread and an extension that will fit in the blue bucket.

Personally, I think it would just be easier to do it the first way.

I'd love some quotes! :)

I'd like them to have the characteristic tool marks from turning them. That, and I don't really think that 3d printing has come far enough yet to make these parts and have them look the way I want them to.

It would most likely be cheaper to have a batch of them lathed as opposed to printed. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back