Deathstroke Cosplay, Season 1 and 2 Costumes; Arrow TV Show

Bluepenguin2000

Hello,
My name is Paulo and I have recently joined the RPF. After searching around, I am now finally giving a try at my first post. My friend and I are planning to go to Comic Con 2014 in San Diego. We are planning to cosplay as the two different versions of Deathstroke, from the tv show Arrow. I am making this thread for any suggestions, tips, or anything you guys might be able to help me improve on making this costume. So I guess I'll get started.

image.jpg

Season 1 Deathstroke/ Season 2 Island Deathstroke (My costume)

image.jpg

Season 2 Deathstroke/ present Deathstroke (My friend's costume)

I am cosplaying as Island Deathstroke from season 1 and 2. I have already sculpted and pulled the latex mask, but I still have to smooth out the eye holes, and any other bumps on the surface of the mask.

image.jpg

I'm making any hard, plastic pieces, for example knee pads, chest pieces, etc, out of Kydex, and Worbla (Thermoplastic sheets). I am planning to make my friend's mask out of polyurethane, by pouring it into a mold.

My friend is planning to come over to my house some time this week to work on his Deathstroke mask, and the rest of his costume.q

image.jpg

Because of SDCC's strict "weapon" policies, the two swords that Deathstroke Season one/ Island Deathstroke has, are being made of foam board coated in Fiberglass Resin, and Mod Podge, and painted black... (even though I can't un-sheath in the convention center ��)

My friend and I will most likely just purchase the clothing, like cargo pants and shirts. And for any guns, we are going to purchase some cheap airsoft guns, and use those.

So I guess that's about it. We would be very thankful if anyone replied with any tips or suggestions on making this costume.

Thanks for sitting through and reading all of this. Btw here are some more concept pics...

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks Again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 527
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
if yall are gonna be making these suits i suggest going to the thread titled "help source deathstroke arrow pieces" thats where everyone has gotten together to piece out and source the costumes thanks to angelus 0313 :) its an amazing thread where many of us have been able to get pretty far specifically on the wintergreen suit. if interested u can also view my thread "Deathstroke costume from arrow" im still in the working process of my suit but should be making updates soon cheers! and welcome to the RPF :thumbsup

Hey there blue.

The island arrow mask is looking really good, do you plan on covering it with fabric or just painting it like so? I am also working on an island deathstroke at the time being, but being one of my first customs/ props ive started with papermache.

look forward to seeing the progress, and just curious was method did you use the mask?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back