POTC canvas map.

claymore61

I took a wee time out of the Davy Jones costume creation to make a bit of artwork for my studio ( ahem ... Basement) wall.
its a John Horney print which I downloaded for my own use from the web.
i printed it onto canvas , then distressed it to make it look old and battered.

i'll mount it later onto a frame and backing of some sort then get it on the wall.

Please don't give me a hard time for seeking out the print. it's only for me and not for sale.

The photos show a before and after "distressing"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    950.1 KB · Views: 175
I took a wee time out of the Davy Jones costume creation to make a bit of artwork for my studio ( ahem ... Basement) wall.
its a John Horney print which I downloaded for my own use from the web.
i printed it onto canvas , then distressed it to make it look old and battered.

i'll mount it later onto a frame and backing of some sort then get it on the wall.

Please don't give me a hard time for seeking out the print. it's only for me and not for sale.

The photos show a before and after "distressing"

Why would I give you any grief about it - I love old maps!

I would probably keep over from shock if someone offered me an old-time nautical chart, printed in true vellum (animal hide, not fibre - think "very thin/light leather,") with proper distressing...

A copy of the map from Time Bandits would be cool as well - I've seen them online, just haven't had the readies.

Hi Jon,
Some people can get a bit twitchy about using internet images, but as I say, it's only for me own wall.

The image was out there, in hi res. I used a large format HP printer, then distressed it using various methods

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a load of POTC ride artwork out there.
a lot of people are focused on the film series, but these things are a big of fun on the wall.

I actually prefer the ride stuff.
I have the ride booklet they used to sell at the park with all the cool design work and behind the scene pictures.

Hi Jon,
Some people can get a bit twitchy about using internet images, but as I say, it's only for me own wall.

The image was out there, in hi res. I used a large format HP printer, then distressed it using various methods

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry - I meant I'd seen the Time Bandits map - ON SALE - online. Printed, distressed, &c - and from what I could see, a very nice piece!

Yeah - here: Metropolis Graphic Design - Diversions. Even a shout-out to RPF...

The finished art on the wall.
mounted as a stand off relief , so it stands out from the background mount board.

This is unusual for me as most of the stuff I print gets given away or sold, but this one made it onto the wall of the 'shop lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back