Uruk Hai infantry helmet - free pep file for download

Blaxmyth

Sr Member
Here's my first shot at making an Uruk Hai infantry helmet - the one they call the Swordsman in the Lord of the Rings book 'Weapons and Warfare'.

I adapted my Berserker helmet, and elongated the back crown of the hear to match the profiles of the various screen caps and pictures I found. It's all closed in so that Rondo can be slushed around inside before laying the fibreglass. I find it easier to have the eyes closed in and dremeled out after the glass is cured.

It's scaled as close as I could make it to the Berserker helmet, and it should fit most people. Or uruks.

The edges around the side plates and the crest are simply there to let the pep keep its shape while setting, and they can be dremeled off later.

Uruk Hai Swordsman 1.png Uruk Hai Swordsman 2.png Uruk Hai Swordsman 3.png
Uruk Hai Swordsman 4.png Uruk Hai Swordsman 5.png Uruk Hai Swordsman 6.png

Uruk Hai swordsman A4 - Download - 4shared

Uruk Hai swordsman Letter - Download - 4shared

As usual, feedback is appreciated, and I hope that this will be a useful file. The file is totally my own work, but I'm turning it loose onto the Net for free, so feel free to share it with whoever.

Cheers, Phil

AWESOME!!! I was just thinking I was going to have to build this from scratch...and was worried it was going to suck. Thanks for doing this.

Cheers, guys. I've got the first build in the shed, with a coat of resin on, just waiting for my weird way of finishing - wax the inside when it's been stiffened with resin, slush some rondo all over the inside, fibreglass inside the rondo, apply another slush of rondo inside to smooth out any rough bits, then finish by peeling off the stiffened card from the outside prior to sanding and painting.

One thing I can see is that the rear part of the crown needs to be enlarged a little for a more roomy fit. When I get a chance I'll redo the mesh and post a Mk 2 version.

Any progress on the 2.0 ver., or pics of the finished first one, looks like you were off to a heck of a start!

Any progress on the 2.0 ver., or pics of the finished first one, looks like you were off to a heck of a start!

Hi Rupp - you've guilt-tripped me into finishing it! :D

http://www.4shared.com/file/2wTtcIlpce/Uruk_Hai_swordsman_05_-_20th_M.html

The pics are with the mesh re-shaped over my old dome, and the size is based on the width of the previous one, which should be fairly close for most people. Good luck, apologies for the quick and rough unfold, and please post any build pics - I'd really enjoy seeing some!

All the best, Phil

Uruk Hai Swordsman v2.0a.pngUruk Hai Swordsman v2.0b.png Uruk Swordsman reshaped.png

Thanks much, Blaxmyth!! Look forward to giving this a go, if I can figure out a way to integrate my kindle with my printer. ( lost my laptop to a rage incident, not proud of it:( )

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back