Batman : Arkham Knight

I really enjoyed origins. Nothin new but that didnt bother me. I can't wait for this :)

Ben

The Game Director and Writer talk about the new story in this video: Revealing The Story Of Batman: Arkham Knight - Features - www.GameInformer.com

Basic gist:
  • Arkham Knight is a brand new character and they admit they created him based on having the name first.
  • Evacuating Gotham was to ensure that the Batmobile doesn't run over innocent pedestrians.
  • They are adamant Joker is dead and it's more about the ramifications of his absence.

'Arkham Origins' (a very average game with an ok story) does play on the origins of certain characters and conflicts but the origin of Arkham Asylum is very much shoe-horned in and feels like an after thought.

I am certainly looking forward to this game and I'm adding it to the very small list of reasons I'll be getting a next gen console later in the year. :)

i am really not happy with them only releasing it for next gen i do not like the xbox one and a ps4 would be pointless as i cant play any of my current games on it. this game may end up being the sole reason i get an xbox one for myself for christmas lol

Well, i can see next gen and pc because you can require pc's video cards to be at the nex gen level or higher and that'd work out easily enough.

Trying to go back to 360/ps3 would be difficult if they're writing to the video capabilities of the new consoles. They'd have to likely give up a lot or completely rewrite the hardware acceleration/dx routines for the lower end chipset. PC video cards from 3ish years ago are still as good/better than next gen consoles. The hardware in the the 360/PS3 is 7 years old, and was comparable to what pc video cards could do 2-3 years prior to that. They were able to go as long as they did and as quality as they did because they could continually write for a single chipset and single set of abilities and keep pushing and revising it. I mean, i think the chipsets of the last gen were based on geforce 7000 series cards. Since there were 8000, 9000, 200, 400, 500, 600, 700, and they're about to release the 800's...

The more I hear about this game, the more I want to play it. Currently I only game on my 360. My 2 PCs wouldn't be able to play this game. Not interested in getting a next gen console, though. Guess this will be an excuse to build a gaming PC.

Hey guys just think about this for the big bold risky end they're talking about At the end of arkham night is Batman dying and waking up back in Arkham city after being knocked out by that Lazarus explosion and it was all a dream about what happened if you like the Joker die or something like that... WOW I WOULD LOVE THAT it would explain how they're making a big emphasis on this game being about what gothams like without the Joker... What a satisfying ending to this story about their relationship then him realizing that he truly needs a joker joker saves him as much as he saves Gotham from the Joker.. Lemme know whatcha think..

I'm have a theory that if the Arkham Knight is Jason Todd and with Scarecrow involved in the story we might see a Scarecrow nightmare/flashback where Bruce is forced to re-watch Joker killing Jason or something similar. That way Rocksteady gets to include another Scarecrow section which was one of the most popular sections in Arkham Asylum and they satisfy Joker fans by having him in the game but not undermining the ending of Arkham City by actually bringing him back.
Just a theory...

I really hope the Arkham Knight is a Talon from the Court of Owls, but I kinda doubt it. "Original character just for the games" doesn't inspire much confidence in me, even though it's Rocksteady behind it. Probably because there isn't a really successful/interesting 'evil Batman.' Bane comes closest in that regard, but he doesn't have very many good stories.

It's most likely not the Jason Todd, nor any characters already existing, they said it loud and clear : it's an original character. And a badass looking one for sure ! I'm betting on a vigilante "copy-cat", punisher style. Probably similar to Jason Todd, but with a twist somewhere that differentiate him from just being a rip off of Todd. I trust Rocksteady for that ! I can't wait to see him in action though, he really looks pure awesome !

You'know watching this again....and watching Batman suiting up.....is this guy becoming Iron Man? the amount of armor is getting a tad ridiculous :behave

And maybe just me but Batman/Wayne looks like Ben Affleck a bit,guess getting ready for the upcoming film?

He's really not that armoured, lots of leather and soft synthetic materials too. I read somewhere that Rocksteady wanted a suit that was more functional, more "real-life". It's a bit weird coming from the guys who gave us the perfect Arkham Asylum/City suit though, it was fine the way it was !

Hopefully somebody does a suit based on the Arkham Knight character. Would truly be an ambitious build haha.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

He's really not that armoured, lots of leather and soft synthetic materials too. I read somewhere that Rocksteady wanted a suit that was more functional, more "real-life". It's a bit weird coming from the guys who gave us the perfect Arkham Asylum/City suit though, it was fine the way it was !

Whatever but I'm honestly a bit sick of the armored look,I also think the spandex is a bit too odd for real life so something in between,look at what they did to Captain America it's padded and probably lite armored yet still looks like something you could just slip on by yourself.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back