After credits scenes: WARNING almost all spoilers!

bigtrev503

After and mid credit teasers have become a staple of Marvel movies. When was the first one? Do we have a list of all of them?

How about that end credit scene in Origins: Wolverine? If that movie hadn't sucked so hard,
do you think that was meant to lead into a Deadpool movie? Or maybe an X-Force movie? ANyone know what the intention was for that?

I gotta talk about Thor 2's after credit scene with the collector! We gearing up for the infinity gauntlet or what?? So far we've seen two of the infinity gems, right? Didn't we see the gauntlet itself in the first Thor movie? There was a whole load of easter eggs in that hallway in the first Thor.

On a side note: anyone remember the after credits scene from Buffy the Vampire Slayer?:lol

After and mid credit teasers have become a staple of Marvel movies. When was the first one? Do we have a list of all of them?

How about that end credit scene in Origins: Wolverine? If that movie hadn't sucked so hard,
do you think that was meant to lead into a Deadpool movie? Or maybe an X-Force movie? ANyone know what the intention was for that?

I gotta talk about Thor 2's after credit scene with the collector! We gearing up for the infinity gauntlet or what?? So far we've seen two of the infinity gems, right? Didn't we see the gauntlet itself in the first Thor movie? There was a whole load of easter eggs in that hallway in the first Thor.

On a side note: anyone remember the after credits scene from Buffy the Vampire Slayer?:lol

There were 2 credit endings for Origins...One in Japan and the Deadpool one. They probably had the intention of making the Japan movie a sequel to Origins.

Anyone know the first instance of an after credit scene as we know it? It couldn't have been Buffy! I think I remember there being an after credit scene in the masters of the universe movie. Maybe that one intended to have a sequel as well?

Anyone know the first instance of an after credit scene as we know it? It couldn't have been Buffy! I think I remember there being an after credit scene in the masters of the universe movie. Maybe that one intended to have a sequel as well?

I don't know if it was the first, but Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) had a great one and its the first one I remember.

This probably doesn't count as an after credit scene, but I've always loved how they put the blooper reel in the credits of Cannonball Run. I wish more movies did that.

This probably doesn't count as an after credit scene, but I've always loved how they put the blooper reel in the credits of Cannonball Run. I wish more movies did that.

Yeah, I was referring more to the scenes that come after ALL the credits are over. Those outtakes and bloopers are always funny though.

bigtrev503 said:Anyone know the first instance of an after credit scene as we know it? It couldn't have been Buffy! I think I remember there being an after credit scene in the masters of the universe movie. Maybe that one intended to have a sequel as well?
I don't know if it was the first, but Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) had a great one and its the first one I remember.

The Howling has one and that's older than Ferris and Buffy.

Doesn't Flash Gordon have one of Ming's hand picking up his ring? I can't remember if it came after the credits.:confused

Agree, love this, wish more movies did it. Smokey and the Bandit was the first movie to do this actually, and Anchorman does the same thing, and they actually show a blooper from Smokey and the Bandit as a nod to the film being the first to do it.

Agree, love this, wish more movies did it. Smokey and the Bandit was the first movie to do this actually, and Anchorman does the same thing, and they actually show a blooper from Smokey and the Bandit as a nod to the film being the first to do it.

That just made me think that a Smokey and the Bandit remake starring Will Ferrel as the Bandit would be pretty cool, or a Cannon Ball Run remake with Will Ferrel once again in the Burt Reynolds role.

So, Marvel has kind of made it their thing. I honestly pooped myself when I saw Thor's hammer. But it hasn't always been that way. The Raimi trilogy didn't have any IIRC. X men did? Or didn't it? I don't remember . Did the first Hulk movie have one? I know the Ed Norton one had Nick Fury and/or Tony Stark at the end but was it after the credits or before? Was that when they decided it should be in every movie? Or what? So many questions!

That just made me think that a Smokey and the Bandit remake starring Will Ferrel as the Bandit would be pretty cool, or a Cannon Ball Run remake with Will Ferrel once again in the Burt Reynolds role.

oh please god no!!!!!

Thinking about it now, you're right. While a remake might not necessarily be a bad thing Will Ferrel would be absolutely horrible casting and would change the entire tone of the movie in order to better accommodate his over the top comedic style.

SO, the after credit scene in The Wolverine raised a lot of questions. Had Magneto and Xavier go back in time? Was X pretending to be dead at the end of X3?

The scene for The Wolverine took place in present time. Most of the movie does, he has his bone claws again because of the guy destroying his adamantium claws and the bone ones grow back. At the end of X3, Magneto showed that he still had his powers. Xavier...well, there is probably spoiler material involved that pertain to Days of Futures past. But, I think it has to do with Xaviers twin brother and mind transfering. Also, the end of X3 you hear his voice from the veg guy at the end of the movie. Either way, it wasn't them going back in time.

Do you think after credit scenes imply intent to make a sequel? I remember something about Green Lantern having a swquel in the works, but after the box office flop, it was dropped. So, for instance, the MOTU movie; if it hadn't have flopped, you think they were planning on continuing that or was it intended for a one shot and that's all?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back