Lifesize ED-209 Build. NOW WITH EVEN MORE ED on p.23!!!

thorssoli

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The good people at MAKE magazine have asked me to chronicle a build project for them. After a few conversations we settled on something that should be a solid attention getter. You can see the first post where they make mention of it here: This Week: Be on the Lookout for Something Big | MAKE

If you've been following any of my other builds, you've seen me sneak a few photos of this build in here and there. In case you haven't looked at those threads, here's a couple of pics of the build in progress:

If you haven't guessed what it is just yet, I'm going to hold off on the reveal for a few days.

The plan is to post an article to their blog and a video update on the whole project every other week or so. Here's the insane part: I'm going to have the whole thing painted and on display at the Maker Faire in San Mateo on the 17th and 18th of May. When I started the project I had about 90 days to go. Now I'm down to about 72. So there's really no time to waste.

Stay tuned...

Last edited:
Re: My Biggest Prop Replica Ever. Check it out. You have twenty seconds to comply..

A sort of Transformer :ninja ?

Re: My Biggest Prop Replica Ever. Check it out. You have twenty seconds to comply..

"You are illegally parked on private property. You have 20 seconds to move your vehicle."

This is. .big. .

Looking forward to following this!

Excellent can't wait to see more progress :D:thumbsup

I just hope you don't have to get it up or down any stairs!!!

The first video episode is live:

You can read the article I wrote to go along with it here: Building Up to Maker Faire: Shawn Thorsson Brings ED-209 to Life | MAKE

Stay tuned. The next couple of weeks will be all sorts of interesting:
12944107015_ff3687a657_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice vid, it's good to see the actual process on a build, rather than pictures. Again excellent work and I look forward to more updates :thumbsup

I see some parts have already made it to the "Light Red" stage! :lol

Should be all kinds of awesome!

Re: Lifesize ED-209 Build. Check it out. You have twenty seconds to comply...

Do puns get shot around here? I just watched the video and was blown away!

Always impressed with your work but this one boggles my mind.

Ted.

Re: Lifesize ED-209 Build. Check it out. You have twenty seconds to comply...

Will definitely follow this build ;) wow just love it ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back