2014 Toronto Prop Party

I can't believe I missed this!! :( I haven't been on here for quite a while now! Guess that serves me right for not checking frequently!

Does anyone know if there will be anymore kind of meet ups etc for prop makers/builders, coming up soon? Would love to meet fellow RPF'ers!

A bunch of us are planning to meet up for a pub night during FanExpo next month. We're thinking Fionn McCool's on Front St, probably Thursday evening. I don't mind organizing. I was going to wait a bit to see the official schedule before locking down a time for it (it's pretty much done on the committee's side, but won't be released until sometime next month to account for any last minute changes or cancellations)

Also, you don't have to be going to the convention at all to join us. Just trip on down to the city for a few hours.

That sounds good to me Charades! Il make sure to keep an eye out on here for details! Won't be making the con unfortunately though :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Just got some fun news
remeber I brought the mini me ...well my friend is setting up his rig at fan expo ..so come visit us if you around :)
Mecreo3d.com
should be fun

Hey guys, I had a conversation with someone at the prop party about the 3d printers that were there and how I want to try it out but can't afford a Makerbot or similar printers and on that note I just came across a Kickstarter for a 3D printer that is running for $300 that prints 15x15x15 inches!

It has already reached its funding goal and now is just working towards better and better stretch goals. This is probably the best chance to get into it on the cheap. (at least for a couple years, we'll see) Not super related to the thread but I figured there'd be a couple people interested in looking at it. I don't have a printer yet myself so I jumped on this.

Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cobblebot/cobblebot-3d-printer

Hey guys, I had a conversation with someone at the prop party about the 3d printers that were there and how I want to try it out but can't afford a Makerbot or similar printers and on that note I just came across a Kickstarter for a 3D printer that is running for $300 that prints 15x15x15 inches!

It has already reached its funding goal and now is just working towards better and better stretch goals. This is probably the best chance to get into it on the cheap. (at least for a couple years, we'll see) Not super related to the thread but I figured there'd be a couple people interested in looking at it. I don't have a printer yet myself so I jumped on this.

Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cobblebot/cobblebot-3d-printer

Awesome!

Those pics from the party up yet? ;)

This pop culture booth at the CNE. Can anyone tell me what building it's at. I was thinking at the trade building but now i'm not sure. Thanx guys...GM

This is juuuuuuuust in case you aren't going to FanExpo, but missed the Prop Party. You might not think to look in the FanExpo thread if you don't plan to attend.

Some of us decided it would be a great idea to get together for a really laid back, casual hangout, so we're having a pub night during FanExpo!

Our Toronto RPF Pub Night will be Thursday, August 28 at 9pm. We'll meet at Fionn McCool's, which is at 310 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5V 3A4.

This is not affiliated with FanExpo/Hobbystar, it will be an offsite private event (or, really, not an event at all, moreso a gathering of people who want to talk about props and stuff over beers) so you do not have to have a badge or go to FanExpo at all. Come down to the city, chill out, have a beer, and chat!

If you think you might get lost or can't find us, PM me for my cell number so you can text me.

Hi everyone, just a quick note, for anyone who's got props being shown at the CNE Exhibit, if you haven't already contacted John or myself, please do so ASAP

I've set up pages on the Toronto Prop Party website for people who are showing off props at the CNE. So far I just have info for a few people. Anyone else taking part please contact me ASAP so I can get stuff up too (a bit about yourself, list of items, photos of yourself or your props, and contact info you want posted).

Yeah, for anyone who hasn't gotten back to John, please do so ASAP. If you've got stuff on display at the CNE you should definitely take advantage of this.

Was able to stop by to make a visit and did a quick video.

It actually took me a while to locate the exhibit. Sort of tucked away at the back of the outlet market in the Energy Center building. Made a couple of passes without even seeing it until I spotted the giant Optimus.

Enjoy :

Last edited by a moderator:
It disappointed me how sloppily they displayed some of this stuff. Vader shoved into a cabinet too small for him so that his dome isn't on properly, the Cyberman just layed in the cabinet...

I gave these guys measurements. They should have had the space for what they wanted.

Still though, nice collection of stuff there.

I haven't been able to get down there yet. I was hoping to go this past Sunday but that didn't happen.
It disappointed me how sloppily they displayed some of this stuff. Vader shoved into a cabinet too small for him so that his dome isn't on properly, the Cyberman just layed in the cabinet...

I gave these guys measurements. They should have had the space for what they wanted.

Still though, nice collection of stuff there.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back