The Hobbit Erebor Dwarven Armour

2014-03-25 20.42.46.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Question for all of you: did you painted your stuff with acryl paint allready? If yes what would be the best way to protect the surface?

This is looking incredible, I would love to give dwarves armour a go now, colour is outstanding!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014-03-26 22.54.24.jpg

Yesterday I didn't have time to make some new pics but they will follow soon. I finished the buckles and leather stripes so I would be able to wear it today for the first time. I hope everything will fit together with the Chainmaille...

Really nice!

What are you using to reproduce the small raised pattern (white band on the last picture)? Is it some kind of stencil or glued on stickers?

I used Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator to draw the pattern. I printed it and fixed the pattern with two layers of wood glue. At the end I used 3D Stencil and covered it with another wood glue layer.

2014-04-02 21.41.51.jpg

First tryout including Chainmaille was good. It fits well but it is really heavy.
I'll try to find another option without full Chainmaille bellow.
The time is running...only two weeks to go

Just found this thread. I'm a big fan of the dwarven looks of the Hobbit movies, despite the story changes and character alterations Jackson did and I have to admit, the first pic you posted tricked me into thinking this was a movie still (first pic, first page, the one with the helmet). Impressive work.
I'd like to ask if you could provide more details or maybe a link to a tutorial on how to achieve this metal surface ? You mentioned wood glue in an earlier post.
Khazad ai-mênu !

THX!

Yes I used wood glue to cover the surface.
Two coats before and one after painting.
Wood glue is cheep and it is clear once it is dry.
I''ll try to make a tutorial for a smaller piece and put it online for all of you.

Cheers!

Vambraces finished. Still need to put the leather straps but it want be a big deal. I have three more days to finish my shield and maybe an axe. If I don't make with the axe I'll carry my Kili sword at the convention this weekend.

2014-04-10 23.48.33.jpg20140415_233015.jpg20140415_232914.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back