Spider-man (Raimi) 3D Print Files/Pattern - FREE

Working on the 3D model for the face shell at the moment.... Ideally I would like to model the holes for the eye frames and make them snap into place.
Any thoughts on this?

I tend to think it might be better to wait until I get my print back to know exactly where the holes will go...

Great thread btw Ken! So are you planning on designing the frames/lenses as well to go with this set up?
You might want to think of vent holes as well around the top and near the bottom by the nose and mouth.

Whoa...Just saw Kenlandrum's debate with some dude called "lunaman" on another thread about sharing the files for free and Kenlandrum, you are a man of your word! (y)
More than a man of his word, he's a very talented artist! I threw down the gauntlet in that thread and told Ken to make his own pattern...he did that AND THEN SOME. Seriously, this takes tons of time and effort, so the fact that he's posting it for free is amazing. Quick, everyone download it before he realizes he's giving stuff away! :p

Ken, I think I owe you a drink for making me eat crow. :lol But I can't imagine a better reason to do so! Again, great work...I just hope people really appreciate this!

-Nick

Working on the 3D model for the face shell at the moment.... Ideally I would like to model the holes for the eye frames and make them snap into place.
Any thoughts on this?

I tend to think it might be better to wait until I get my print back to know exactly where the holes will go...

Yea that's a good idea Ken, many people actually did just that so the eyes placement do not run and will sit at the perfect spot :)

More than a man of his word, he's a very talented artist! I threw down the gauntlet in that thread and told Ken to make his own pattern...he did that AND THEN SOME. Seriously, this takes tons of time and effort, so the fact that he's posting it for free is amazing. Quick, everyone download it before he realizes he's giving stuff away! :p

Ken, I think I owe you a drink for making me eat crow. :lol But I can't imagine a better reason to do so! Again, great work...I just hope people really appreciate this!

-Nick

Haha oh yea remember seeing your reply in that thread. Yea man he even went the extra mile creating the .obj files for the creation of the urethane webbings, the holy grail of spidey suits. and now face shells. No one have ever done that since ever. Kudos to you Ken. You giving back a lot to the community

I thinks it's pretty sickening when people voice a complaint about sharing stuff for free. Didn't see ANY reason Lunaman needed to voice that. He must be selling them himself or something.

Seemed the same thing happened on Ken's Iron Man 3d print files thread.

Keep it up Ken, we love you for it!!!!

I had been thinking about that, but until I get one of these stitched up for myself, I wouldn't want anything to be off and somehow show.

I made this outline, thoughts?
watermark.png

Whoa...Just saw Kenlandrum's debate with some dude called "lunaman" on another thread about sharing the files for free and Kenlandrum, you are a man of your word! (y)
I thinks it's pretty sickening when people voice a complaint about sharing stuff for free. Didn't see ANY reason Lunaman needed to voice that. He must be selling them himself or something.

Seemed the same thing happened on Ken's Iron Man 3d print files thread.

Keep it up Ken, we love you for it!!!!

Hey, in case you folks haven't noticed, I've turned up already in this thread and congratulated Ken in following through. I have friends who make patterns, friends who are artists whose work gets devalued often on this forum, and when I snapped at Ken it was because he was telling SOMEBODY ELSE to give away their patterns for free. I stand by that being a rude thing to do in an interest thread whose sales had already been established.
But he has definitely proved himself in doing his good work here. I still don't agree with giving away files for free, but I commend him on the quality of work he's done anyway.

And I'm not "some dude," I think my posting history on the site and the number of people I've helped out with Spidey projects speaks for itself.
I had valid reasons to be irked with Ken's conduct in a different thread, but that was a DIFFERENT thread and a DIFFERENT situation and I don't harbor ill will against him for doing his thing here. Nick chastised him as well in that situation, and again, like me, commended him here.
One situation does not invalidate the other.

Last edited:
Lunaman I think people are starting to treat you like they treat the police. Nobody likes them until they need them. Maybe you should be like STEALTH and delete all of your helpful threads.. But, Personally I think you have been a tremendous help to the RPF Spidey community. As for Everybody else, treat these guys with respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Lunaman I think people are starting to treat you like they treat the police. Nobody likes them until they need them. Maybe you should be like STEALTH and delete all of your helpful threads.. But, Personally I think you have been a tremendous help to the RPF Spidey community. As for Everybody else, treat these guys with respect.
Haha, thanks man, that's an interesting analogy. I appreciate the kind words. Like everybody else, I simply started as a fan who wanted to be able to wear a real spidey suit. I just think we should be able to support the artisans who help us to that goal along the way, and not demand that they do their work for free, because their skills and time have real value.

If they VOLUNTEER to do the work for free, that's another matter entirely. And really impressive, since, as Nick as already pointed out, it's a tremendous amount of skilled work and time that needs to be invested. But it shouldn't be expected of them.

Hey, in case you folks haven't noticed, I've turned up already in this thread and congratulated Ken in following through. I have friends who make patterns, friends who are artists whose work gets devalued often on this forum, and when I snapped at Ken it was because he was telling SOMEBODY ELSE to give away their patterns for free. I stand by that being a rude thing to do in an interest thread whose sales had already been established.
But he has definitely proved himself in doing his good work here. I still don't agree with giving away files for free, but I commend him on the quality of work he's done anyway.

And I'm not "some dude," I think my posting history on the site and the number of people I've helped out with Spidey projects speaks for itself.
I had valid reasons to be irked with Ken's conduct in a different thread, but that was a DIFFERENT thread and a DIFFERENT situation and I don't harbor ill will against him for doing his thing here. Nick chastised him as well in that situation, and again, like me, commended him here.
One situation does not invalidate the other.

@Lunaman I think people are starting to treat you like they treat the police. Nobody likes them until they need them. Maybe you should be like STEALTH and delete all of your helpful threads.. But, Personally I think you have been a tremendous help to the RPF Spidey community. As for Everybody else, treat these guys with respect.

Personally, I haven't seen this "other" thread you guys are talking about. I'm speaking in regards to this thread, and I stand by my statement that it was uncalled for you to say "you don't agree with giving files away for free". I never said that anyone should be expected to. Nor did I ever devalue you as a community member. I stated that it seems wrong to "look the gift horse in the mouth", I don't know, just seemed like a back handed way to say "thanks for sharing your hard work". Clearly you too are a valued member who has shared as well, whether it be knowledge or whatever.

Not trying to sling mud or hash up some other thread's mud. Just stated my two cents.

Alright, guys. Let's forget all other members and just focus on the incredible work that Ken has done here...and continues to do. This is his thread and his pattern.

Let's all let bygones be bygones and see some awesome stuff made with Ken's awesome pattern! Or dream bigger... a Spidey suit for every man, woman, and child in the world! :lol

-Nick

Alright, guys. Let's forget all other members and just focus on the incredible work that Ken has done here...and continues to do. This is his thread and his pattern.

Let's all let bygones be bygones and see some awesome stuff made with Ken's awesome pattern!

-Nick

Couldn't agree more!

Thanks for all the props. Much appreciated.

Now to put this topic to sleep... for good.

YES, I posted on another thread the following:

"At the risk of sounding absurd to many, how about this...give your files away for free. This board is a group of many talented folks with common interests and sometimes helping one another out can become contagious. I am not naive,... I realize some people take advantage of this concept and if they do, well, so be it. There are far more benefits to sharing and collaboration.

No offense to anyone... just my 2 cents."

I was ONLY SUGGESTING... NOT TELLING anyone to do anything.
Looking back on it, and understanding the board etiquette a bit better now, I suppose a new thread might have been more appropriate, sure... but I am not the first, nor will I be the last to make a statement that truly offends some. I enjoy the hell out of this board and have a ton of fun collecting and making cool stuff. I hold no ill will against any of the other board members and hope for them the best. In fact I could not have made this pattern without looking through all of the awesome stuff posted by folks like Nick, Lunaman and many others!

As Nick said:
Let's all let bygones be bygones...

OK, that's all I have to say. Enjoy the thread!

Any updates on your files? :)

No, I am pretty slammed this weekend... but, since I don't think I will be cutting the eye holes out of the 3D modeled face shell, just adding some ventilation holes as suggested by "Agent Coulson" I should be able to post the files Monday... I think that it might actually work out better anyway since other SM costumes and eye frames could be used on one single face shell file. As long as I keep the face shell to around 3mm thick and the snaps on the eye frames to 3.15-3.25 mm to allow for material thickness, it should be good and should work with these or any other eye frames I may offer in the future.;)

- - - Updated - - -

Its not drawn, its vectors, so no need to trace :), Just need to make sure its correct and maybe tweak it a tad and I will send it to you :)

GREAT! Look fwd to it. I am sure it will help in the sewing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back