Raimi Spiderman Suit Differences

Spideyfox

hey guys just wondering what the differences are in the suits from the original Raimi trilogy becuase i dont really see a change

Last edited:
From what I can tell is the coloring, spiders, pattern on the suit and frames/lenses.
Sorry for not being descriptive I don't know how to get into to detail about it because that's just what my eye catches, I haven't sat and analyzed them both side by side to tell you what exactly about it has changed.

From what I can tell is the coloring, spiders, pattern on the suit and frames/lenses.
Sorry for not being descriptive I don't know how to get into to detail about it because that's just what my eye catches, I haven't sat and analyzed them both side by side to tell you what exactly about it has changed.
Thanks man i didnt notice the spiders changing but ill look at it and what do you mean by pattern

Thanks man i didnt notice the spiders changing but ill look at it and what do you mean by pattern

What I mean is, don't quote me on this but the pattern on the blue section of the suits maybe different. For example Amazing spider-man has a honeycomb pattern on the blue I believe and the amazing spider-man 2 has a brick like pattern on the blue section of the suit. So naturally the raimi suit may have a different pattern on it.

What I mean is, don't quote me on this but the pattern on the blue section of the suits maybe different. For example Amazing spider-man has a honeycomb pattern on the blue I believe and the amazing spider-man 2 has a brick like pattern on the blue section of the suit. So naturally the raimi suit may have a different pattern on it.
oh yeah ik that i mean the raimi trilogy not the webb films

hey guys just wondering what the differences are in the suits from the original trilogy becuase i dont really see a change

As the costume designer, for the rami films said in the making of Spider-Man 2 (2004), would say "you would have to be an enthusiast to notice the differences" The 2004 suit pattern became the staple in dye sub suit printing through out Spidey replica suits.

oh yeah ik that i mean the raimi trilogy not the webb films

Ahh my mistake I thought you were talking about from raimi to webbs suit.
I notice a slight difference in coloring between the 3 movies but that could just be me thinking I see a difference.

As the costume designer, for the rami films said in the making of Spider-Man 2 (2004), would say "you would have to be an enthusiast to notice the differences" The 2004 suit pattern became the staple in dye sub suit printing through out Spidey replica suits.
Thanks New blood

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh my mistake I thought you were talking about from raimi to webbs suit.
I notice a slight difference in coloring between the 3 movies but that could just be me thinking I see a difference.
No problem its extremely hard to spot the differences

Also, they changes the web pattern on the hands from the first to second movies (First movie had almost no webbing on the palms, second movie had a much more integrated web pattern that flowed directly into the palms) and they slightly altered the contour shading of the musculature (as well as the muscle suit underneath). As mentioned before, the colors were changed slightly from film to film as well. The first film also had fabric detailing made only by applying several silk screens by hand to colored fabric for each piece, whereas the second and third movie used dye-sublimation printing on colored fabric for entire suit sections.

Last edited:
Also, they changes the web pattern on the hands from the first to second movies (First movie had almost no webbing on the palms, second movie had a much more integrated wab pattern that flowed directly into the palms) and they slightly altered the countour shading of the musculature (as well as the muscle suit underneath). As mentioned before, the colors were changed slightly from film to film as well. The first film also had fabric detailing made only by appling several screenprints by hand to colored fabric for each piece, whereas the second and third movie used dye-sublimation printing on colored fabric.
i noticed the web but not the others so thanks Luna!

Also, they changes the web pattern on the hands from the first to second movies (First movie had almost no webbing on the palms, second movie had a much more integrated web pattern that flowed directly into the palms) and they slightly altered the contour shading of the musculature (as well as the muscle suit underneath). As mentioned before, the colors were changed slightly from film to film as well. The first film also had fabric detailing made only by applying several screenprints by hand to colored fabric for each piece, whereas the second and third movie used dye-sublimation printing on colored fabric for entire suit sections.

Spot on Luna, just finished watching the video for the making of the suit and that's exactly what they said.

I also forgot to add that they changed the color of the soles specifically because of the train sequence in Spider-Man 2. In the first film the soles were a grey or black, for the second and third film they changed the sole to red to make the shot where he knocks out a bunch of railroad ties with his leg look better.

I also forgot to add that they changed the color of the soles specifically because of the train sequence in Spider-Man 2. In the first film the soles were a grey or black, for the second and third film they changed the sole to red to make the shot where he knocks out a bunch of railroad ties with his leg look better.
I never noticed that haha

Good catch, I always thought they were red. I must have not noticed that.

The pattern was also ever so slightly changed between 1 and 2. For the first film, there was not a separate "hand" and "palm" piece it was all attached to the arm piece and joined in the center on the palm.

...There's one I've been keeping to myself for a while. (Honestly because no one should care as much about this pattern as I do :lol )

Just to clear up something that people have been dancing around a bit too: the back spider on SM1 was printed on and for SM2 and 3 is was a cast foam latex appliance.

-Nick

The pattern was also ever so slightly changed between 1 and 2. For the first film, there was not a separate "hand" and "palm" piece it was all attached to the arm piece and joined in the center on the palm.

...There's one I've been keeping to myself for a while. (Honestly because no one should care as much about this pattern as I do :lol )

Just to clear up something that people have been dancing around a bit too: the back spider on SM1 was printed on and for SM2 and 3 is was a cast foam latex appliance.

-Nick

The spider I never noticed and I love your pattern I asked a question on your thread

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

As much as I like the suits from 2 and 3. I'm gonna have to go with the 2002 costume because it reinds of the Ulitmate comics and I feel that it isn't acknowleged like the later costumes

Last edited:
Why does no one ever notice the spiders? They aren't the same. The first had a more comic request and thinner spider, and the back spider was fabric instead of 3d it also rather than looking like a real spider looked like the symbol in Dejaan13's profile pic

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back