Big Daddy (from Kick-Ass) for SDCC

jeffreygullett

My teenage niece recently discovered Kick-Ass and wants to make a Hit-Girl costume for SDCC. So I decided I should put together a Big Daddy to go with her.

I've been putting together a lot of it with surplus riot gear and such. But making the mask using BlacKaos pep file I purchased in the Junkyard.

Here is the pepped model. Next to resin and the rondo.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393202283.262646.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393202296.863494.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393202304.152680.jpg

Next I'm going to make the chest armor and possibly the shoulders out of foam or Worbla.

Have you considered doing it as a 2 pce like the film version? I'm giving it some serious thought but I have zero experience with pep. Subscribing to the build. :cool:thumbsup

I thought about that. If I can't slip my head in then I may try using a cutting wheel on my Dremel to cut the mask part off and then use magnets or something to attach. But honestly, that seems like a major pain in the ass so I'm hoping to avoid it. Since I will never walk around with the mask off, it doesn't really make a lot of sense to have the option. It would only be so I could put the thing on. There is about a half inch lip around the bottom. I my have to cut that off.

Since it's been raining, I haven't had a chance to do the resin coat. Hopefully this weekend.

I run that lip around the files for multiple reasons. It helps keep the files shape and can be used as a stop for urethane slush casting for fiber glassing. If you decide to cut it off I would suggest doing it after you harden the paper or the file could warp.

I run that lip around the files for multiple reasons. It helps keep the files shape and can be used as a stop for urethane slush casting for fiber glassing. If you decide to cut it off I would suggest doing it after you harden the paper or the file could warp.

Thanks. That was my plan. Once I have it fiberglassed inside and out I'm going to see if I can still get my melon in there. The cut as needed before Bondo.

Just watched kick ass 2 yesterday and can I say it was pretty good. Great job on the mask. Maybe I'll see you at sdcc

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back