The Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit pics :)

quovadis0920

Sr Member
Hey guys. Thought I might share. Hopefully it's worth making another thread. I'll make sure this suit's worthy. I already made 1 but none the end result didn't look as much like the one in the movie so I had to really try again.

I have been working out trying to get buff for the TWS movie as I have a contract with some big time theaters here in my country then I have to slim down for a couple of weeks to get that spidey "slim" look.

So here's v2 :

Orhadar's Pattern printed on lycra, got it from my buddy Kino.
And mclean's asm2 shell and lenses. I wasn't able to join his run but thankfully Lunaman had to make a huge sacrifice and got it off of him.

Here's how it arrived. The shield is the one from Disguise btw. I can't afford those metal spun shields on the JY so I had to make do with what I can. :cry The shield is flimsy. Very flimsy.

1925247_750761748268154_1136344072_n.jpg

Test fit of the shell on the mask pattern

1891046_751481551529507_1482645150_n.jpg

Webbing :

1796590_751815301496132_1525650426_n.jpg

If anyone wonders, I did not use the silicone/metallic black mix for the puffy. I tried to copy the thickness and stretchability without the cost and which materials are available here. I have to say, it did work well. If anyone needs the mix/materials for the webbing I used just let me know I'll try to post it here.

Shell test on mask fabric [not yet sewn]

1966876_751881964822799_1014746206_n.jpg

Regarding the shield, I sanded then fiberglassed the back [2 layers of mat] and custom painted it to my liking.

1972493_751308361546826_313995151_n.jpg1743446_751324508211878_140280680_n.jpg

I'll post more updates when I can. 'Til then cheerios! :cheers

Last edited:
Re: The Amazing Spiderman 2 Suit build [Orhadar Pattern/Mclean Shell&Lens]

Loving the outcome, I got a orhadar suit/print coming soon.
Sadly no faceshell, but what mix are using for the webs? It looks great, can't wait to see how it looks all finish.

Looks gud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks bud!

Loving the outcome, I got a orhadar suit/print coming soon.
Sadly no faceshell, but what mix are using for the webs? It looks great, can't wait to see how it looks all finish.

Thank you! I used acrylic black textile paint, which is mainly used for t-shirt printing here, mixed with tulip sterling silver I believe. When I was happy with the consistency I put them in my applicator bottle and viola, it worked. It didn't shrink due to the textile, it adhered and stretched well with the fabric due to the tulip.

Holy Spit it looks great

Thank you!

WOW! This is probably the closest thing I've seen yet to the movie. It does look a bit more shiny compared to the movie but that might just be due to the lighting in the picture, but absolutely amazing! Nice work! will definitely be trying that webbing on my suit. :D (would love to see more pics!)

Just a small reference pic :D
16oA3Ln.jpg

Those colors look amazing. Did you get the pattern without the muscle shading?

WOW! This is probably the closest thing I've seen yet to the movie. It does look a bit more shiny compared to the movie but that might just be due to the lighting in the picture, but absolutely amazing! Nice work! will definitely be trying that webbing on my suit. :D (would love to see more pics!)

Just a small reference pic :D
View attachment 292844

Thanks for the pic! I believe it's sheen is slightly due to the lighting in my room during those shots. I have yet to test them once I get them sewn. I just finished puffy painting everything (thanks to my wife) and sent it to my seamstress yesterday. Should have it by saturday! yay!

Those colors look amazing. Did you get the pattern without the muscle shading?

Thanks. Unfortunately not. It still has the shading. But the shading on the blue areas are not that noticeable anymore since I puffed the blues. I have yet to see them once I get the suit back.

That's good. Yeah I noticed with some patterns. The muscle shading tends to mess up the colors a little.

Are there holes in the fabric for the lenses to fit though?

Are there holes in the fabric for the lenses to fit though?

My seamstress did the cutting for me.

Anyhow it arrived today. Needs minor adjustments. I'll take some pics with the mclean shell later today once the adjustments are done.
1966953_762204580457204_160316127_n.jpg

1234244_762204617123867_1371356902_n.jpg

Looking good brother. Can't wait to see it with McLean's lenses.

Looking good brother. Can't wait to see it with McLean's lenses.

Thank you sir! Having you comment here is a real big inspiration for me :love

I did a quick mock-up of it a while ago to test the lens and shell fit and the cheek lines were not properly aligned. The visibility on the lenses ain't that clear so please understand. I may need an assistant once I wear this publicly to have it align straight.

1966896_762254930452169_751537936_n.jpg

I did a quick mock-up of it a while ago to test the lens and shell fit and the cheek lines were not properly aligned. The visibility on the lenses ain't that clear so please understand. I may need an assistant once I wear this publicly to have it align straight.

View attachment 297983

Freaking awesome man. Just awe inspiring

Freaking awesome man. Just awe inspiring

Thanks! Couldn't have done it without Lunaman who sacrificed his shell, Mclean for the gorgeous shell and lenses, kino for the print, My Friend's mom for the sewing, my wife for the blue area puffing. Am now applying extra puff to align the webbing between the seams. Hopefully it works well. I'll try my best to suit up and post more photos as soon as i can. Am still working on commissions [I got a lot :(]

That looks so good, Oh man, I look forward to building again soon! all these builds are making me so giddy :D

Looks fantastic dude!! So you just glued the lenses on top of everything?

No glue, he's using a faceshell and lens set that uses rare earth magnets to snap the eyes into place. (one that I sold to him ;) )

It looms awesome, man! Really liking how this build is turning out.

View attachment 297983

Looks really good! One minor adjustment if possible... the lenses look like they are sitting just slightly (but noticeably) too low on the mask. If you look closely at the "circle" web right between the eyes.... the inner "point" on the lense frames should be sitting half-way up the circle... in your photo the inner point of the lense frame is at the bottom of the circle.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back