Alternative to Smooth-on?

Rebelscum

Sr Member
Unhappy with my local smooth-on distributor's customer service.

Are there alternatives that people are happy with (hopefully having used smooth-on products for comparison)

In particular I'm looking for Mold-Max 30 and Smooth-cast 300 replacements.

Philip,
Sorry you are having issues... please tell me the issues so I may help you ASAP... you can inbox me or email me... my email is rhiggins@smooth-on.com
or call Smooth-On and ask for Rick

Hi Rick,

I have spoken to your President, so he knows of my issue. It's not a technical problem, but rather a customer service issue.

I appreciate your checking in, but I am actively searching for a replacement product for the Smooth-on products I have been using.

OK... well sorry for whatever frustration you went through Philip, that is sad... if you ever do need anything though, you have my info

Philip, there is a Brick In The Yard Mold Supply in Richardson. They carry Polytek products, which I've heard good things about. Haven't actually used anything other than Smooth On though.

The guys at brick in the yard are great. I have used both smooth-on and polytek for projects over the years with equal success.

alumilite is probably the best alternative. Good quality with a large product list comparable to smooth-on.

Thanks everybody. I'll check into brick in the yard, and aluminite. I've seen Aluminite mentioned a number of times positively, so I'll be anxious to give them a try.

I use Monstermakers. i have always had good customer service with them when ever any issue came up of which there have been few.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back