Diamond Select Back to the Future Mr. Fusion replica BTTF

My can arrived today, so I thought I'd snap some pics with this temp set up. The can also fits perfectly inside in an upright position when the Mr. Fusion is closed.

IMG_1251.JPGIMG_1252.JPGIMG_1253.JPG

Also, when I was comparing screen shots to match the can, I noticed they used cans with slightly different graphics in Part I vs Part II. Which totally makes sense given the years between productions.

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 5.26.01 PM.png

i've had this bookmarked for months....I know the flux capacitor is worth avoiding....but what was the over all consensus on this one?
Is it worth $300's?

There is one of these Mr Fusions (and they also have the Flux Cap) at local "Zing Pop Culture" shop and as a stand alone prop, it is very cool. Like the Matty Collector Hoverboard, so long as you are not a stickler for 100% accuracy it would be a cool addition and great conversation piece. Due to the lower Aussie dollar, they have it listed at $550 and to be honest, I'd probably spend more making my own.

I just don't get why the base lid has been changed.

My can arrived today, so I thought I'd snap some pics with this temp set up. The can also fits perfectly inside in an upright position when the Mr. Fusion is closed.

View attachment 653282View attachment 653281View attachment 653280

Also, when I was comparing screen shots to match the can, I noticed they used cans with slightly different graphics in Part I vs Part II. Which totally makes sense given the years between productions.

View attachment 653283

wicked!!

View attachment 653282View attachment 653281View attachment 653280

View attachment 653283
Nice set up! Looks awesome:) Is that the Dimound select mr fusion? If it is what are your thoughts on it?

- - - Updated - - -

There is one of these Mr Fusions (and they also have the Flux Cap) at local "Zing Pop Culture" shop and as a stand alone prop, it is very cool. Like the Matty Collector Hoverboard, so long as you are not a stickler for 100% accuracy it would be a cool addition and great conversation piece. Due to the lower Aussie dollar, they have it listed at $550 and to be honest, I'd probably spend more making my own.

I just don't get why the base lid has been changed.
Thank you for the information I was wondering about the ds mr fusion:)

Nice set up! Looks awesome:) Is that the Dimound select mr fusion? If it is what are your thoughts on it?

Thanks! Yeah it's the DS Mr. Fusion. My thoughts are: I like it! I'm not a stickler for details like some folks were with this one. To be honest, my eyes aren't trained to spot the differences on a Mr. Fusion as they are to the Mag replicas. So it works for me! And the size is really impressive. It's definitely a statement piece for your collection.

For me, the hardest part about building my own has been that damned white lid.
With the fins and the hinge and the enlongated sides of the Krups base platform, it just seems that any part of that lid is only possible if you do resin work, or carving, sculpting, or 3-D milling or printing. Of all the skills I have, and the tools I use, none of those are on that list.
And it's nearly impossible to find just that white lid for sale.

That being said, I'd buy the DST Fusion in a New York minute if it came down to the $150-$200 range.

Regards,
David M,
aka McFlyDallas

with this thread bumped i thought someone found a rubber banana peel :(

I've called a few prop houses around LA and haven't had any luck :unsure I'm surprised how hard it is to come by. I might call the Magic Castle to see if they can point me in the right direction.

Actually I think I found one. I went the magic route and found this rubber banana. It's a little pricey at $26 w/ shipping, but I pulled the trigger. I'm planning to open it up with an xacto knife. I'll post pictures when I get it.

Rubber-Latex-Fake-Banana.jpg

It also looks like there are some cheaper rubber bananas out of China if you have the patience to wait (which I clearly don't). Just search "rubber banana magic" on eBay.

Banana arrived today. It looks so realistic. The photos make the seam look more pronounced. Cutting it with a new xacto blade was still a little tricky. But I'm liking it!

The only annoying thing is that it has a hole at the bottom, so I couldn't "peel" it the way I'd normally peel a banana.
IMG_1515.JPGIMG_1516.JPGIMG_1517.JPG
IMG_1518.JPGIMG_1520.JPGIMG_1521.JPG

Banana arrived today. It looks so realistic. The photos make the seam look more pronounced. Cutting it with a new xacto blade was still a little tricky. But I'm liking it!

The only annoying thing is that it has a hole at the bottom, so I couldn't "peel" it the way I'd normally peel a banana.
View attachment 658089View attachment 658088View attachment 658087
View attachment 658086View attachment 658085View attachment 658084

Looking good I like the banana peel looks cool with the mr fusion and some people do peel there bananas that way! :)

View attachment 658089View attachment 658088View attachment 658087
View attachment 658086View attachment 658085View attachment 658084

Looks great :thumbsup. Is it me or does the addition of the can and banana peel really make the Mr Fusion look a hundred times better. DS should have included them in the first place!

Is this a magic banana? Magicians use rubber bananas with a hole at the bottom for making silk cloths disappear (or reappear).
I think they make the banana so small that it is easy to make it appear for a empty bag (a bag that is folded so small it would be impossible to have a full size banana in if you know what I mean) or make it look like its appeared from behind a silk or out of thin air (not the other way around) and from a distance it's seen as a real banana :)

the hole is to let the air out so the banana can be made smaller and to fit in smaller places :)

Actually I think I found one. I went the magic route and found this rubber banana. It's a little pricey at $26 w/ shipping, but I pulled the trigger. I'm planning to open it up with an xacto knife. I'll post pictures when I get it.

View attachment 657197

It also looks like there are some cheaper rubber bananas out of China if you have the patience to wait (which I clearly don't). Just search "rubber banana magic" on eBay.

you are awesome!!! thank you so much!!

I just snagged a DST Mr. Fusion from Gary Weaver. Sliiiiightly off top question: I'm looking for a prop banana peel to display it with, but I'm having the hardest time hunting one down online. Where would you guys suggest? There are plenty of artificial WHOLE bananas, but no peels.

I snagged a vintage Miller High Life can from eBay easily.

View attachment 651678
View attachment 651677
I've seen a can the same as this on eBay price was ok I was going to buy it till I seen the shipping price to the uk ($33.95) :( your can is in great condition:)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back