Warehouse 13 - Claudia's Mini Tesla Build

Finally decided to give this one a go. Not much progress to show off for the moment but I have begun molding a Deringer pistol. While it doesn't appear to be the exact model used as the base to the original prop, it's close enough that I can make a couple of minor tweaks to make it accurate. It's mostly the rear sight that's the major difference. I'm only molding it to make a resin copy to cut down and remold later :lol

20140216_191925.jpg

More to come! :D

Awesome.

I was going through my WH13 pix the other day and remembered that and her Farnsworth where on my TO-DO list.
I'll be watching you progress.:thumbsup

I've got the fly box on order to do her Farnsworth. I'll be working on it alongside this. I've already started the graphic for getting the faceplates engraved but I need the physical box here just to double check measurements. I'm probably going to have the dial engraved as well.

I hate waiting on the mail!

I've been to that site many times(never that particular page, though) and they always list the Gold as out of stock. But I just placed an order for two and it went through so we'll see! Fingers crossed! Thanks for the link!!!

Back to the Mini Tesla - I was able to get the second half of the mold poured today. Tomorrow I'll be making the resin cast and modifying it. Expect more photos tomorrow!

Hit a slight curing snag with my mold today, but long story short, I was finally able to get a few castings out of it. Didn't get to start modifying one yet but that's on the list for tomorrow as well as hitting the local surplus to do some gauge, knob and vacuum tube hunting :)

dpzvwj.jpg

Attachments

• 20140218_225625.jpg
    20140218_225625.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 242
Not been able to make a ton of progress but it's getting there. Surplus store hunt was a bust though I think I've located suitable items for the knob and gauges online.

20140222_171636.jpg

Still lots of puttying and fine tuning/modifying of some details but I'm happy so far :) Hopefully will have some more timeto work on it tomorrow!

I'm going to do a screen accurate version with the acrylic tubes but I was hoping to find some real tubes for an idealized version just for fun :) I'd also love to figure out how to do a light up version as well.

The pistol I molded is real. There's part of me that wishes I could have used the EXACT model they used for the show as mine does have a few inaccuracies that can't really be fixed without some major re-working but the one I had access to is so close, it was hard to pass up.

Sorry for the lack of updates the last couple of weeks. Haven't had a lot of time to work on the Telsa lately but finally got around to making a bit of progress.

My acrylic tubing came in! And I decided to scratch build the side knob as I couldn't find anything reasonably close anywhere. What I had found turned out to be way too big.

20140317_193407.jpg

20140317_193454.jpg
20140317_195348.jpg

The domes on the tubing are just temporary. I need to find some acrylic domes in the right diameter. I think I'm going to mold and cast them in black resin.

Pretty excited with how it's turning out! More soon!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back