Accurate Darth Vader ep3 Helmet Pepakura

Hi Juvito! This is a really nice model of a Darth Vader Helmet. When I downloaded it however, it said that it could open on pepakura designer and only pepakura viewer. Would you mind making a version of the model for Pepakura Designer 3 instead of Pepakura Viewer? Thanks in advance ;)

Any possibility you could make Vader into a A4 PDF file for us poor Pepakura starved Mac users? We'd certainly appreciate it.

Thanks
Roughneckone

Hi Dan. I just started working on this pep myself. The First sheet is really intimidating. Can you explain how you were able to make it work? http://imgur.com/YpJvbum

Ah yes, the tubes...Not sure what you mean by "make it work", but it is really fiddly. Lots of super-fine cutting. You can safely ignore the joining flaps that have been printed under other flaps, they're obviously impossible to cut out. And since the numbers are all mushed together and incomprehensible, I just hovered my mouse over the edge in Pepakura Viewer to see which piece it was supposed to join to. Good luck!

I've done mine... tomorrow I will resin it.
IMG-20160217-WA0011.jpeg IMG-20160217-WA0013.jpeg IMG-20160121-WA0009.jpeg

Thanx Juvito for the file!!

Make sure you don't over due the resin and that you're careful with your application so that it doesn't warp. The Vader helmet is definitely an easy one to spot warp with since it's very angular and symmetrical

I had to rush to finish it, so it's obviously flawed (no tear ducts, imperfect paint job, incorrect chin vent mesh etc) but I had fun making it and I'm happy with the result :) Thanks to my good friend Melvin for the photos. And of course, thank the (pepakura file) maker, Juvito!
Also FYI, I lost most of the WIP photos when I reset my phone. D'oh! Oh well :)
DSC_2181.jpgDSC_2183.jpgDSC_2187.jpgDSC_2191.jpgDSC_2204.jpg
000.jpg0001.jpg04.jpg03.jpg02.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg01.jpg

Looks great but I would suggest working on the neck. Something seems off, it should be a little longer and flare out more if ROTS.

Yeah, you're right. The neck's a bit of a hybrid. I started work with the first version of the pep file in which the neck was a lot skinnier. When Juvito released the latest version with the improved neck, I was already too far down the road. So instead of starting again, I tacked on the bottom of the new neck to what I'd already done. Not ideal, but it was the best compromise I could come up with. I appreciate the feedback, rnbuda!

Last edited:
Hi there.

Love this file. Great work Juvito.

Id like to print using Silhouette Cameo so need to open in pepakura Designer. Any chance you can help me out .

Keep up the great work.

This is a great Pep file and have just completed putting it together, I was surprised how large it is and would have preferred it a little smaller but couldn't rescale the file.
I have made the mouth grill in 3dsmax and printed it out so if anybody wants the stl then let me know.
Really appreciate the time it takes to design these and is fantastic work.
Many Thanks

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back