Star Wars Identities - Paris

vectorzero

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Folks. Does anyone know exactly which of the Lucasfilm miniatures are on display in Paris right now? I believe Julien had early access?

I'm aiming to take the wife on a weekend to Paris shortly, but I may stray into the exhibition...

With my highest megapixel camera and fastest lens.

Who says romance is dead?

From the top of my head :

Slave One
Star Destroyer
32" Falcon
A-Wing
B-Wing
MonCal ship
Large Snowspeeder
Stopmo AT-AT with leg cutouts
Lambda Shuttle
TIE Fighter
Vader's TIE
TIE Interceptor
TIE Bomber

Red Y-Wing wasnt here but I've heard it should be here by the official opening. Pics were not allowed, I hope they will allow it for the official opening.

Thanks Julien

I'll check next week on the question of photos. Usually they allow them as long as you don't use flash or a tripod. Which reminds me to post the ones I took in London some time ago of the Star Destroyer close up section and the turbo lasers.

Picture 258.jpg

Looks like I have quite a few shots. Test to see if full res pictures will upload properly...

vectorzero, I was the ANH stardestroyer at London (in 2000 if I remember correctly)

Julien, is it the ESB stardestroyer that is displayed at the Cité du Cinéma ?

Olivier

Thank you for the pics Vectorzero, they're great ! I remember this exhibit, it was really nice !

vectorzero, I was the ANH stardestroyer at London (in 2000 if I remember correctly)

Julien, is it the ESB stardestroyer that is displayed at the Cité du Cinéma ?

Olivier

Yes it is the large TESB Star Destroyer, and it is AWESOME ! :D

YES ! Génial :thumbsup Merci pour l'info Julien.
Finally, we can see this model here. It was a disappointment to not see it in London/2000 and Paris/2005

Ha yeah, or like they've all managed to work their way inside the second Death Star!

Awesome photo, I may well have to make trip over to Paris to see this. I certainly hope it comes to the UK :)

For those who have been there: How long do you get to stay in the exhibition? My French is basically non existent, but it seems like you only get 1:30 hours in there and that's it. Is that correct?

For those who have been there: How long do you get to stay in the exhibition? My French is basically non existent, but it seems like you only get 1:30 hours in there and that's it. Is that correct?

There is no limit of time, you can stay as long as you want, noone will ask you to leave. :)

The Red Jammer can be seen in the exhibition catalogue as well as in the ads but the model is not present in the Paris show, I was there yesterday. Missing the Jammer is a disappointment but the rest of the models are such a treat, especially the big ESB Star Destroyer is incredible! Well worth visiting.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back