Star Wars Identities - Paris

Oh no! Hopefully it is nothing that cannot be repaired. The problem with these models is that they are fragile and old, definitively not built to endure years of traveling around the world in exhibitions.

Thanks! I did make a rebel pilot ewok! I went with my three year old son, and at the last station he absolutely wanted to choose the dark side, so that was a bummer...

i have searched and searched but i can't find any good pics of the back of ev-9d9's head, anyone have any?

pretty please?

So do they change the exhibits around a lot depending on which country the props go to? I went to the Star Wars exhibition in Melbourne, Australia a few years ago and one of the guys said that the containers that the props are stored inside were sitting at some secret location (of course) but not all props are displayed? Why would they do that? There was still a lot of space at the venue that could have held more props. Still didn't worry me, couldn't wipe the smile off my face all day.
One of my favourites was the probe droid that visits leia when she's in prison. I took close up shots of that. It had a bunch of surgical equipment cable tied and the big syringe was hose clamped on hahaha. Another one was the radio voice transmitter on the phantom menace. I thought it looked very familiar and lo and behold, my gf had one. It was just a Gillette girls shaver!

from what i can see the rear of the head is there for all to see, both canada and paris . unfortunately no one has posted what they have.

all there are front /side shots, which i am grateful off i might add.

i did check you pics before, thanks for those.

oh and any really close ups of 8d8s mouth would be another request

Zorg, holy crap, I actually have tons of both on my hard disk here .. what are you ready to pay for them?

IMG_4437.JPGIMG_4468.JPGIMG_4465.JPGIMG_2344.JPGIMG_4466.JPGIMG_4436.JPGIMG_4467.JPGIMG_5750_Edited (Large).jpg

lol .. just kidding .. give me a few secs to upload ...

Here you go .. I'm sure the SS guys could very easily ID that 8D8 mouth piece .. it seems like it's twice the same part in there.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the Identities exhibit will be shown after its stay Paris? The official website is of no help...

Zorg, holy crap, I actually have tons of both on my hard disk here .. what are you ready to pay for them?

View attachment 359888View attachment 359892View attachment 359889View attachment 359886View attachment 359890View attachment 359887View attachment 359891View attachment 359899

lol .. just kidding .. give me a few secs to upload ...

Here you go .. I'm sure the SS guys could very easily ID that 8D8 mouth piece .. it seems like it's twice the same part in there.

PERFECT!

thanks very much,

8d8 mouth, it looks like pz4 track links but i'll go and check. the tooth guides look like they have been removed.

cheers

chris

edit, defo not pz4 tracks

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the Identities exhibit will be shown after its stay Paris? The official website is of no help...

What I heard is confirmed, it stays in France a little more by moving to Lyon from 9 november 2014 to 19 april 2015

I was so irritated, I was on a school trip in Paris when this was on,obviously meaning I couldn't go :( looks like it was a great exhibition

What I heard is confirmed, it stays in France a little more by moving to Lyon from 9 november 2014 to 19 april 2015

The more I think about it the more it sounds logical that the exhibition will next go to Lyon because the city already has this :

http://www.museeminiatureetcinema.fr/cinema_eng.html

I now wonder if this museum will host the exhibit...
(never went there, this to say I don't know if they'd have the space needed for this)

The musée de la Miniature don't have enough space to host sw identities.

But if you intend to go to lyon, don't miss this museum, there are some original movie models.
The restored Alien Queen will be soon exhibit there.

Does anyone here have any connections to the staff at La Sucrière? I am going to be relatively near Lyon in December, and I'd really love to get some one on one time with the LUKE ROTJ lightsaber that is touring with Identities. If anyone knows a guy who knows a guy who would give me 10 minutes with the prop and a ruler, I'd be forever grateful.

Dan

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back