Marvel Black Panther costume

Raizer04

I am trying to find costumes/pepakura files/anything pertaining to the black panther to make a costume with. I found a good latex mask, but now im looking for his other items like his necklace, and other wakandan gear he wears.

Well I decided to compile some good pics and references in case anyone wants to do T'challa aka Black Panther. I plan on doing one down the line so might as well document everything in one spot.

Mask:
Hero / Villain Cat Cowl

Panther Mask.jpg
Good pics of his spear:
black+9.jpg
black+10.jpg

Black panther is displayed with various wakandan jewelry usually with gold teeth, beads and 2 different center pieces (all gold circular, panther, and ruby centered:

717248-106577_46979_black_panther_super.jpg
600304-black_panther_storm_at_home_super.jpg
Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_606_Textless.jpg

*Easiest way I see to recreate the main portion of the necklace would be to get a "mountain man necklace" and spray paint it gold and incorporate a custome pendant.

necklace.jpg

Gloves: Im thinking of doing the claws like this, but with a high gloss gold
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/cat-claw-gloves

I was very skeptical at first when I read your first post, but now that you sourced your build and posted that mask picture, I've subscribed and am very eager to see a well done T'Challa costume.

Thanks, I am researching the cape at the moment. Most likely I will get a batman cape and modify the collar area....really wish I could find an easier method for it though. Btw that mask pic isn't me, that's just where I will be getting the mask from (im black...lol)

Last edited:
don't get a batman cape. what you want is a dracula cape, it has the exact same shape and should be easier to modify if needed

something like this

I look forward to this and may even help contribute if i can. i have a friend that i am going to help work on a black panther build as well. (going for what it might look like in the marvel movie universe)

back___panther_by_kandoken-d4bcwr3.jpgcommission___black_panther_by_anjinanhut-d4ba3qm.jpg

And now its time to bring out the 3d aspects. I have a 3d artist working on the spear and panther head end of the spear. This is what he has so far. This is going to be printed on a 3d printer.

1.png2.png3.png
The panther head/spear head will be mounted on a modded broom stick and screwed on.

don't get a batman cape. what you want is a dracula cape, it has the exact same shape and should be easier to modify if needed

something like this

I look forward to this and may even help contribute if i can. i have a friend that i am going to help work on a black panther build as well. (going for what it might look like in the marvel movie universe)

Very good idea. I looked on amazon for some good ones and this is the one that is catching my eye: Amazon.com : 54" Fully Lined Deluxe Black Cape ~ Halloween Costume Accessories (STC11511-54) : Mens Black Cape : Toys & Games

That is comparable to the look that I am going for: 1-BLACKPANTHER-ELBABP1-175x300.png

So I purchased the dracula cape, from the reviews it says it has an almost leathery look so here is hoping.

As for the 3d prints, here is an up to date on the end of the spear (panther head).

1.png2.png
Spear Head is done, ready to print. The panther head still needs detail with fur. Any recommended paints to use on this bad boy once printed? I am going to do an acetone rub to smooth things out.

I've been watching this thread for a while and I am excited to see how it turns out :)

I'd have to agree with thejakemoore. The pupils are a little wonky, but the rest of the design is so awesome that if you can't change it, I don't think anyone would notice!

The fur pattern looks absolutely amazing though. Big props to that artist!

Hmm I will check out the eyes as mentioned. On a side note, the cape came and the reviews were spot on, it is perfect, the neck guard is easily adjustable. I will have to fasten the cape to the latex (presumably something simple like velcro. Here is a pic of me with the cape on: Panther cape.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back