Project 3: Kitt

Good luck with the project, mines an 83. My own nose and dash shell with italian electronics. Was all up and running for about 8 years but the last few years have been in storage. The italian electronics are new and should look really nice. Time for a respray and engine mods before he goes back on the road.

945543_10153743520510211_2985181905640149220_n.jpg

look what came. damn, that's tinier than I thought it'd be.

thanks jupiter....maybe we can get it running monday.

the crazy ness has begun. once I get a few more funds saved up, i'm ordering the complete season 2 electronics set for a complete dash (minus steering wheel setup)

Last edited by a moderator:
if a car happens, it'll be in december after ye old christmas bonus. and then only if I can talk people into helping me out with completing it. hopefully when I get the dash done..it'll inspire them more.

bullet bitten.

I ordered a set of brenon electronics that I am still waiting on a year and two months later. while that one may have been a rare prop mistake on my part (lesson learned if so), I just ordered a set of jupiter season 2 kitt electronics. so at the very least, I can have a complete dash by february.

minus the steering wheel and podd electronics/upper dash electronics.

So, I took out my rob louisel dash after I cleared off the project table.

I was messing around with the kitt voice box, and odly enough, I couldn't get it to fit through the whole, and noticed that even if I did, it didn't flush evenly with the sides.
I'm curious just how tough this whole thing will be to put together once I get it all in one place.

Brennon usually quotes several months, and then takes 6-8 years. Christian usually takes a good year. He told you one month? Wow.

Thats the issue with different parts from different people. Everything is slightly different in size and shape. Just keep fettling away, you'll get there.

well, the voice box took 3-4 weeks to ship.

the website claims it'll take the same amount of time for the electronics set to ship, so i am I really hoping it's about the same time.

well, the voice box took 3-4 weeks to ship.

the website claims it'll take the same amount of time for the electronics set to ship, so i am I really hoping it's about the same time.

He usually keeps voice boxes in stock, as he sells them as standalone units on Ebay from time-to-time. They show as 'in stock" on his website, while all of the ful1 dash sets show as out-of-stock. He only makes full dash sets to order. Unless something has changed drastically, about 1 year is his normal lead time for a full dash set over the past decade or so. Again, unless something has changed.

Last edited:
got an order processing email.

hopefully that's a good sign ;o).

God I hope I don't mess up an install if I get lucky with a quick shipping :)

no update... sigh..

going on year three waiting for brennon electronics.

Going on on almost one year for jupiter. hopefully at least ONE will get here

the car is going to be the tougher part.

not only is it going t obe the most expensive.. i have no idea how to properly restore a car so it's road worthy. that part i'm obviously not going to be a ble to do by myself.

First hurdle is getting electronics. :/.

Outside of the physical dash pieces... (buttons/grills/dash..etc)

You may be able to save some money but doing your OWN electronics. Maybe Arduino based to save some money?

I almost set my R2 On fire by using the wrong gauge wire and having him stall on heavy carpet ;o).

If i DO get a car, I will not be doing the wiring. a proffesional will be hired . ;o).

the most I do will wire the dash together ;o).

I wouldn't trust electronics i built myself!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back