Project 3: Kitt

well, since there are not any reliable sources for lights (and marks kitts at $8,000 is way over priced), I guess I will have to go with Brenon.
I wonder if your bank can do a charge back on your credit card if parts don't come overthe course of a year. I can wait a year if it was guaranteed delivery. anything more is too much for a niche project.

10518978_10152521044530211_7785596626362282063_n.jpg

just a very quick paint job and ran out of what was left of my paint. deciding to take a risk on electronics in August.

I decided to take a chance on the KITT electronics. will take about 3 weeks to pay off, heh.

Lets hope this isn't going to turn into a big mistake nightmare.

I had a buddy install a KITT style scanner in his regular car (a Honda I think…) and he accidentally left it running as he was driving to work.

He had the best commute EVER!

Other drivers kept pulling out of his lane thinking he was an undercover emergency vehicle. He didn't notice until he pulled into an underground parking garage in San Francisco. Fortunately neither the police nor highway patrol saw him or he would have ended up with a huge fine and maybe even an impounded car. They frown on "impersonating" a police officer.

I decided to risk Lectric Enterprises. I pray it's not a b ig risk.....although I am researching bank methods on how long you can wait till a charge back is no longer an option for goods not received, based on reviews, heh.

I wonder if people would donate to a kickstarter for the project if the completed car made appearances to donors all across NJ? ;o)

I can understand 6 months to wait for a product to be made, but 4 years??!

Thats unnacceptable in my opinion and they shouldn't be even taking people's money if thats how long it takes!

yep, agreed. coming up in november it will be year one of wait. i'm hoping to have at least a voice box to play with soon....so it'll look like some kind of progress.

But a year and a half is as long as I'm willing to wait for anything, even specialized. I'd be really pissed if I Was out $1400's for electronics and never got anything after two years.

But, when you are waiting for specialized, I guess you have to take chances. one reason why I choose kitt, was because If I got lucky enough to do a complete car, it was the custom parts that you didn't need much of, where as an ecto or delorean would have taken even more work to finish.

KITT update. Just bought a Season 1 Rob louisel Nose.

I might never do a complete car, but if I can get a complete dash, and a nose set up where you can press a button, the headlights come up, scanner turns on and sound effects come out, that will be just as cool.

at least I can have a complete nose.

yep, agreed. coming up in november it will be year one of wait. i'm hoping to have at least a voice box to play with soon....so it'll look like some kind of progress.

But a year and a half is as long as I'm willing to wait for anything, even specialized. I'd be really pissed if I Was out $1400's for electronics and never got anything after two years.

But, when you are waiting for specialized, I guess you have to take chances. one reason why I choose kitt, was because If I got lucky enough to do a complete car, it was the custom parts that you didn't need much of, where as an ecto or delorean would have taken even more work to finish.

Brennon never caught up on orders. Just a couple months back he announced he was turning over production of electronics and scanners to others. No offense, but not sure why you were willing to take him at his word that he would deliver in four months when there is so much evidence out there that orders placed 4-6 years ago are still undelivered. He denies almost all requests for refunds. Only a few are successful at getting any money back, as he openly states he doesn't have extra money to refund people who get tired of waiting.

I mean even if he decided to turn things around and become a "new man" the day you ordered your electronics, and actually start making and delivering them again, you'd have 4-6 years of folks' orders ahead of you, so....

there aren't that many other options out there. I never heard back from jupiter either. I would have went with him if I had gotten answers to my emails...
the longest I'll wait is two years. after that, I'll have to see if I can get my bank to do a charge back for product non delivered. hopefully there
is no time limit on that stuff or they can make an exception once I explain it.

but, in a specialty market, you always have to take chances with specialty projects.

the latest update on this brenon character is that he apparently stopped taking new orders IIRC...so we will see if he can deliver.
wouldn't be the first time I got scammed, but def on something this expensive!

I gave him a ring. seems he's waiting for some new versions to come back before pricing things. if I can get a voice box from anyone at least it'll be a good head start on the dash and give me time to figure out how I'm going to make kitt talk with push button sound effects.

10369196_10153327671035211_6609880908346341598_n.jpg

one can dream that I win the lottery and can do a complete car. but at least now I can have a complete nose and dash to simulate one in the future.
10665258_10153327704085211_3711947166802319208_n.jpg

Last edited:
also, what are the parts called that go in the holes in the front? I don't think they are lights, they look more like vents. If I can get those, that little metal tow thing that attaches to the front bottom, a KITT plate, and some headlights, I can find someway to automate it. Press a button, the scanner starts, scanner sound happens, lights pop up, engine sound starts....
and I can imagine I have a full car. that's the plan anyway

now in base black
11535839_10153328471175211_4118199189413453175_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
question for car owners.

I take it when you buy a car, you want to buy one in as good as shape as possible? it wouldn't be any easier just to buy a shell and rebuild it ground up with everything new and modern on the inside?

If I buy one, it'll be end of year when bonus comes in.

sitll no update on KITT,,,

I might have a steering wheel in another month or so. that'll be another $500, but it'll be one part down.

after that, I'll need a bumper and the overhead console parts. along with a lighted gas pedal. but those will probably wait until I decide if I'm going to buy the damn car. If I do, it will be end of the year this year, or end of the year next year when the bonus check comes in.

It's been exactly one year since I bought electronics that still have yet to be delivered. one year is about the length of reasonable. after that, not so much.
seems I can't do a charge back on it either, so either way, i'm commited and could be out $1200.

oh well.. that's the risk you take for parts you don't need to live life out with.

but, I've found what could be a backup guy who does them as well...so maybe he will come through if this first guy doesn't.
it'll be the only time I've been screwed on a prop part buy.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back