Injustice The Flash Suit

Bcarp100

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have always loved The Flash, but his simple outfit has never really been something I have desired to cosplay. Until I saw the Injustice Flash, his costume is almost like a sort of armor and lately I've been thinking about taking a stab at that version. My question is has anyone attempted this? I searched but I could not uncover any threads. If anyone could help me out with a starting point it would be greatly appreciated!

The Flash.jpg

I have subscribed to this thread.
It's very hard to find a serious, well done, flash suit in the cosplay world.
I wish you luck on this build.
Be careful with that EVA foam, and if you hit a problem, there's a lot of Ironman EVA builds you could reference for help here in the RPF.

I have subscribed to this thread.
It's very hard to find a serious, well done, flash suit in the cosplay world.
I wish you luck on this build.
Be careful with that EVA foam, and if you hit a problem, there's a lot of Ironman EVA builds you could reference for help here in the RPF.

Well this will be my second build, my last build was 98% complete when I ran into truck problems and had to sell it. I am looking forward to a full start to finish build, I have not worked much with the EVA foam, but it seem inexpensive enough to have a pretty serious go at it. I will be as methodical as I can. I plan to purchase Biggeek1972's cowl and suit file and get the suit printed as soon as I can. I then plan to puffy paint the entire suit (its going to be brutal) but I think it will really turn out cool. Does anyone have a puffy paint suggestions as far as color goes? I have read countless TSAM and Man of Steal builds on how to apply the paint but should I go with a lighter red that contrasts the suit and maybe a gold for the yellow areas? Or would you guys recommend going with colors that match the suit as close as possible?

I have an update for the flash suit we are full steam ahead. I just approved the fabric print form fabrics on demand and I should have that in the next 10 days or so. Now I have taken it upon myself to do some Puffy Paint experimenting, and needless to say as a first time puffy painter, it hasn't gone as good as I had hoped. For a couple of different reason the biggest one being that I tried to print out the fabric pattern and it came out very very dark and it is almost impossible to see the pattern. The second being that I have no idea if this pattern I printed is to the scale of the suit. Now if this is indeed a true representation of the color and pattern of the suit then I am going to have to mix the red with the black to tone down the color of the puff paint, but if it is a little bit lighter it might contrast well. Now what I need help from everyone following me with is the pattern. I started outlining every tiny square and I don't think that is going to be a realistic option on the suit because #1 it would take FOREVER and #2 I don't think it really looks that good. I decided that doing 4 squares at a time might look alright and then it seemed too empty so I put a red dot in one half and a yellow dot in the other. Opinions, suggestions, OH MY GOD put that puffy paint down or any other comments are welcome. I realize it kindof looks like a birthday cake.

IMG_1544.JPG

Depending on the saturation of the print I would say don't. But if the print looks like it needs it, then go for it. But I would recommend buying an applicator tip or perhaps super gluing a mechanical pencil tip to to your puffy paint bottle. Practice makes perfect...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It's just one of those things.

Take your time and do plenty of test pieces.

The more you do it the steadier you'll be.

Do you think the smaller squares are better or the bigger ones? Or should I go with a different pattern? I've got about 2 weeks to practice before the print gets here. I wish it had a cooler pattern like the Spider-Man suit.

Do you think the smaller squares are better or the bigger ones? Or should I go with a different pattern? I've got about 2 weeks to practice before the print gets here. I wish it had a cooler pattern like the Spider-Man suit.

This question would be easier to answer with a sample picture of your pattern you ordered to get printed.
I've seen the photos biggeek had on this post: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?p=2606151
http://www.therpf.com/f9/flash-dc-online-armoured-162411/
But if you had better pictures?

Otherwise those squares on his print look real small and will probably be the size of a BlackBerry phone button or about exactly the size of half of the select button on a PlayStation remote.

Last edited:
I do not have a sample better the the one biggeek gave, thats what I was working off of for my puffy paint practice. Hopefully the pattern is a little bit larger on the suit otherwise I might have to come up with a different idea. Thank you for all the help so far I am going to look into an applicator tip and just keep practicing. More to come soon.

It's not always necessary to use puffy paint on the whole thing. It could be used on the yellow maybe as a highlight?
Just be wary man, and as everyone else said, practice.

Good luck

Just figured I'd throw an update on here just so everyone knows the thread is still alive! Still waiting on my print from FOD. I should get it sometime next week, I've been bored waiting so I've started an iron man foam build lol. The next update will be the print!

So I know I said the next update would be the print but I have a small update on the chest armor. I used a modified iron man pep file to come up with this its just drawn on the foam right now the most I had time to do after a my 4th 12 hour shift -_- I plan on finishing the chest and back tomorrow!!!
IMG_1469.jpeg

Hey guys sorry for taking so long to reply, I was sick and then I got busy with work, any how the whole suit is now puff painted let me know what you think. I might abandon the armor idea because I am terrible with pep unless anyone has a better idea.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398169179.040701.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398169189.656620.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398169204.057504.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398169214.608483.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398169223.259498.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398169231.043461.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cowl is just painted. It's not puff paint. Thank you for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cowl is just painted. It's not puff paint. Thank you for the feedback!

I figured, just was wondering why you did it so bright. Most Flash uniforms are bright red, but it looks like your print overall has the darker appearance due to the muscle shading.

What did you paint it with? Something a bit stretchy I hope.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back