Blade Runner SUSHI BAR + SLICE OF LIFE making of

These are still just the old ones, from earlier post, so I didn't bother to take a photo from the front. Tomorrow I'll make something new I hope so we'll see how it looks!

You can learn this at university? :p I graduated at Academy of fine arts and didn't learn practical stuff like this. I had to learn everything by myself. I believe practice makes perfect.

Anyway, today I started making rear barrier for the car. It goes behind the driver's seat since our movie car is supposed to have engines instead of rear seats.

1_zpsf51da7cb.jpg~original.jpg

It's far from finished. There will be some tubes and hoses attached too, but for now its just painted...

2_zpsc2176e17.jpg~original.jpg

Then I made another console for the car from an old printer.. I'm thinking I will light all consoles with single strip of LED Christmas lights. I'll drill holes and insert them through from behind. I think that's MUCH easier than soldering 20-30 separate LEDs, plus they are already programed to blink. Here I tested the new console with Christmas lights.

3_zps81d86aec.jpg~original.jpg

At the end of the day I crammed everything we have for now in the car. You can see the rear barrier here. Left side of the console is still visually poor, I'll work it out tomorrow I hope.

4_zpsd3653ca5.jpg~original.jpg

And of course a quick lighting test! You have to imagine all the monitors working, and the lights blinking!

5_zps0ab1c62c.jpg~original.jpg

We'll have to tape over all the holes where the light leaks, but it looks promising!

See you tomorrow guys! :cheers

Last edited:
You can learn this at university? I graduated at Academy of fine arts and learned nothing practical.. I had to learn everything by myself. :lol I believe practice makes perfect.

Good to know, so I can keep my job ;-)

As always, great update! This already became my #1 thread on all boards I visit!

Will you add something behind the louvers in the center of the rear bulkhead? And what about the back windows? Just curious...

I think it would be impossible to find a better car! This build just keeps getting better and better!
Great update, the car looks perfect in the lighting test :D

YO!
Thanks for your comments!
I didn't manage to do anything yesterday because some unexpected work turned up. :(
But here are updates from today!

As I said, left side of console was visually poor so I made one more part.
First, I cut up an old part of some dashboard, and I figured I can fit the monitor in.

1_zps339338dc.jpg~original.jpg

Then I added an old car radio at the bottom, and turned it all into a box:

2_zpsa039ade8.jpg~original.jpg

Then I painted it, and glued some original Bladerunner decals that I got from Mike J. Thanks again Mike! ;)

3_zps4a8e1e13.jpg~original.jpg

In other news I made an eccentric rear view mirror! :D I don't know how it works, but I rather like it.

4_zps79b7bd5f.jpg~original.jpg

Here's everything together.. Still some tweaks to do. At the end I installed Christmas lights to see how it looks.

5_zpsa8752a31.jpg~original.jpg

Here's one with better lighting:

6_zpsdeb9a2c7.jpg~original.jpg

While I was busy with interior, my friends spray painted the body of the car red so it would match our miniature.

7_zps18031e2f.jpg~original.jpg

8_zps3d7301de.jpg~original.jpg

They also added some stuff on the roof. We're not going to film much of the real car from outside, but this will enable us to move the camera more freely. Also, we spayed it only from this side as we will never film from the other side, so we saved a couple of bucks on the spray cans that way. :lol

That's it for a days work.. Bye!!!

Last edited:
Love the work and imagination you've putting into that movie of yours...that rear-view mirror is fantastic!!!

Hey everybody!

The car is 99% finished! All that is left to do is a bit of set dressing - random stuff around the car like parking tickets, coins and stuff..
Today I'm going on a short trip so this is the last update before filming begins - ON MONDAY! We made it to this point! We plan to film all car interiors in one week.

Ok, what did we do in the last two days? I finished designing all paper props we will need and we went to the printing office. First - scifi money :cool:

1_zps24403b6d.jpg~original.jpg

You never know when you gonna need some money! We printed some other paper props that are important for the story. This here are cigarette packs. The film is called Slice of life too.

2_zpse44c2365.jpg~original.jpg

It would be a shame not to put some more familiar props in the film too.. Here's one you might know:

3_zps5d79f7e0.jpg~original.jpg

Here's a photo of finished cigarette pack, they will be quite prominent throughout the movie.

4_zps7e83d63a.jpg~original.jpg

As I said, the car is finished, I just screwed all the components together so it wouldn't fall apart during filming. And we finally turned all the monitors on:

5_zpsf8612a93.jpg~original.jpg

Some footage on the monitors should also be familiar to you guys. I didn't have original files, so I recreated everything in After Effects as close as I could to the references.
Here's another photo with better lighting:

6_zpsbdecd253.jpg~original.jpg

That's it!
As I said, on Monday we start filming! I will update you as much as I can during the process.

I'm excited!!!
BYEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back