Are the any videos on casting, mold making, making a hollow helmet out of plastic?

Uanna

I need some help finding a video or typed instructions with pictures that shows every step on how to make a mold out of plaster and putting the plastic or silicone inside the mold for an Engineer helmet thats hollow inside? I just cant find any websites that show these things in order and they are always solid objects. Emerald City Comic-con is coming up and I will be running out of time soon.:)

Re: Are the any videos on casting, mold making, making a hollow helmet out of plastic

I'm keen as well surely for curiosities sale. EVO3?

"I never worked day in my life, I just lay back and let the big beat lead me."

The Jungle Brothers

Re: Are the any videos on casting, mold making, making a hollow helmet out of plastic

I don't know about plaster, but there are a lot of halo helmet video on youtube that helped me out with my first helmets.
It does not matter what kind of helmet you are making you have to follow the same steps.

First you sculpt the helmet out of clay. Then you mold the helmet with silicon. After that you make a mother mold for the silicon mold. The mother mold holds the shape of the mold so the cast is in the correct shape. I use plaster bandages that are reinforced with a foam out side. Plaster is weak so there is a chance it could break, rip, crack, or lose shape.
If the mother mold is bad the mold is useless. I found that out the hard way with a latex mold....

These are the videos that introduced me into making helmets.
Or you could watch videos I have? Just got to the youtube button under my avatar picture. I still have not finished adding all the steps , but I would like the views :).

Last edited by a moderator:

SmoothOn has a ton of videos. Check out their YouTube channel.

Sean

Thanks guys Im gonna try this out :)

I followed a set of video tutorials by a guy on YouTube called xXBocephusXx, he seems to know his stuff.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back