Daft Punk | Interstella 5555 | Crescendolls "One More Time" non-funct. replica 12" LP

TK9336

Hello,

In a forum I frequent often due to my fandom of Daft Punk (The Daft Club), I was gauging interest for a replica LP based from the anime movie Daft Punk produced called "Interstella 5555" which was music video covering the entire "Discovery" album. I figured I would post here, too.

I will be making 12" replica LP's based on the band's record from the movie:

Crescendolls by TK9336, on Flickr

The way I will be making these is by having a faithfully reproduced vinyl label (accurate to the picture above) put over the per-existing label off a 12" record. These will be playable, but it will be a mystery band (I got a lot of 100 12" records off eBay.) It will NOT be "One More Time," by Daft Punk. These are props for show, either on display or in a frame with a poster from the movie to make a totally in universe tribute to this fictional band.

I will be making a total of 50. After doing overhead calculations the cost of 1 12" Crescendolls LP will be $12 (shipping will $4 USPS First Class) making the total cost $16. Each replica record will be shipped a record mailer in it's own sleeve and insert pads.

Nothing is for sale yet, I am just trying to see if there would be any interest? I just need to see if these will be worth my time to create 50 of these. (Of course I will have one for myself as my original intent was to make the gold record award from the same movie for my future Daft Punk Discovery costumes as a personal prop.)

For the curious: there was never a Daft Punk "Crescendolls" LP (there were however, plenty of "One More Time" singles.) This would the be only Crescendolls LP ever made, and it s a fan reproduction and not officially licensed by Daft Arts. A music replica.

Last edited:
Re: Daft Punk | Interstella 5555 | Crescendolls "One More Time" non-funct. replica 12

Cool idea!

Why not just offer the labels and save on your postage costs?

Also, as you're probably about to find out, for sale threads should go in the Junkyard :)

Re: Daft Punk | Interstella 5555 | Crescendolls "One More Time" non-funct. replica 12

Thanks for your input... I wasn't sure since I don't have anything in hand yet and just seeing if there would be interest. Once there is I can either take this down, or a mod could kindly move it there?

I just want to offer them as full LP's for now. If there are left overs I wouldn't mind offering them seperately.

Hi.

I have soooooooooooo many crap vinyls that this label would bring them back to life. If you'd offer just a sticker I'd take one.

Nice idea too.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back