The Three Stooges

pmirl

I used the Polar Lights Stooges kits, a Moebius Mummy and I can't recall the maker of the other Mummy kit. To light the kit I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up 5 of their "Flickering Candles" and used them as the lights. The flickering makes the fire look natural. The statues I got at Ross.

Attachments

• S 01.jpg
    S 01.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 199
  • S 02.jpg
    S 02.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 136
  • S 03.jpg
    S 03.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 114
  • S 04.jpg
    S 04.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 153
  • S 05.jpg
    S 05.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 131
  • S 06.jpg
    S 06.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 105
  • S 08.jpg
    S 08.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 110
  • S 10.jpg
    S 10.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 87
  • S 11.jpg
    S 11.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 98
  • S 12.jpg
    S 12.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 93
Thanks Richard! My next is the Herman and Grandpa Munster kits. I want to do something a little different with them also.

Thanks Zombie. :) The Munsters are next! I plan to light up Grandpa's control panel, but still not sure what to do with Herman.....

Thanks Rats. I had these kits laying around and just came up with the idea when I heard of a film they did called "I Want My Mummy" . I found the film on Youtube which is nothing like the scene but it worked. I just wish I had used electric lights because one of my grandkids uses it as a nightlight and I am going through batteries pretty fast!

...I had these kits laying around and just came up with the idea when I heard of a film they did called "I Want My Mummy"...
That's my favorite Stooges short, and I had the same idea. I'm still trying to figure out which Mummy kit I'm going to use. :lol

Too bad they don't have a "mini-mummy" kit to be accurate with the Stooges short. Maybe finding a small plastic mummy case will work.

Ideally, I'd like to replicate this guy from the short...

We_Want_Our_Mummy_zpsae3620a3.jpg

...and have him standing behind the boys in a menacing manner. Unfortunately, I haven't found a mummy kit or figure with the right pose, and I'm not sure I have the sculpting skills to recreate the head anyway. It never occurred to me to include the mummy of King Rootin-Tootin, or to perhaps use that instead of the guy in the photo, so you've given me something to consider. :thumbsup

With the long fingers and the face I wonder if you can find an old Dracula model that you can switch the head and hands out with a mummy model?

Found something that might interest you for the parts. Go to E-bay and type in NOSFERATU. There are a few figures who's hands and head may be interchangeable with a mummy kit and get you something close to what you are looking for.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back