I was sitting in my cube.. somewhat bored, when I got to thinking about my next Partial Pepakura build.. I say partial because at the moment I only have the time to build and fiberglass what I'm making. Which means I'll have a Massive amount of Bondo work coming my way soon. And I decided to make a Cylon Centurion lid.. so merrily I started to assemble it and while accidentally super gluing my finger to the desk It struck me that the perfect counter part for this would be a Colonial Warrior Viper Pilot Helmet.
Off I rushed to the googlewebs to find what I was after. Could I find one Could I heck. I searched almost everywhere.. being tormented by images of files long gone, or photos of pre made helmets but nothing.. Not even a decent 3d model to use as a base. So, I decided to have a go at fully 3d modelling one myself. Now I warn you viewer that I am no 3d modeller. and I have just managed to get to the grips with the basics of Blender (and I mean the basics). But here it is in all its glory. Its not 100% finished I still need to model the crest on the front
Im not going for 100% accuracy and some detailing can be done after its put together. What I'm aiming for is passable accuracy, But I've been putting this together for a few days now (about 5-6 hours total) and I could be missing something some glaring details. If anyone can see any glaring mistakes then please let me know.