TOS Colonial Warrior Viper Helmet

xaosbringer

I was sitting in my cube.. somewhat bored, when I got to thinking about my next Partial Pepakura build.. I say partial because at the moment I only have the time to build and fiberglass what I'm making. Which means I'll have a Massive amount of Bondo work coming my way soon. And I decided to make a Cylon Centurion lid.. so merrily I started to assemble it and while accidentally super gluing my finger to the desk It struck me that the perfect counter part for this would be a Colonial Warrior Viper Pilot Helmet.

Off I rushed to the googlewebs to find what I was after. Could I find one Could I heck. I searched almost everywhere.. being tormented by images of files long gone, or photos of pre made helmets but nothing.. Not even a decent 3d model to use as a base. So, I decided to have a go at fully 3d modelling one myself. Now I warn you viewer that I am no 3d modeller. and I have just managed to get to the grips with the basics of Blender (and I mean the basics). But here it is in all its glory. Its not 100% finished I still need to model the crest on the front

Im not going for 100% accuracy and some detailing can be done after its put together. What I'm aiming for is passable accuracy, But I've been putting this together for a few days now (about 5-6 hours total) and I could be missing something some glaring details. If anyone can see any glaring mistakes then please let me know. :)

3D%20Viper%20helmet[1].jpg

Would love to build this TOS helmet. I just can't abide the $500.00 efx version - no offense to them, it looks wonderful- it's just the fun is in the building...

I found the above scan as a reference but I have not tried the paper file madmax listed above either....

Maybe someone from ByYourCommand.net can chime in about who has attempted these helmets.

EDIT: forgot to say your model is looking great...and we need the help of GoldCylon1 and Reaper

Last edited:
just fyi....that board has banned rpf member : Avianoguitarist ...aka…hermesblackstar…aka Spectre so beware of him.

Thanx for the Info tictoc, The images you show are the images I've used as the base for model. I'll head on over to byyourcommand (I've been lurking there for a while getting information for this build) and make a post. The more info I can get the better this will be.

And I agree $500 is a tad steep for a lid. but then If you cant find one then its a sellers market. I have yet to decide if I will release the files for free or for a fee. more than likely the former over the latter (as with my Tie Pilot Lid). I'll make that call once I have finished it and unfolded it.

And thanks for the link Madmax. That was the file that got me thinking that there should be a pep for this lid. Personally and I stress personally I cant stand PDF building. I like to so what i'm building in 3d before i start and during the build.

If this goes ok then I might try and whip up a colonial blaster or something from Blakes7. (man that's showing my age).

Very cool! Looking good. The only other Viper helmet I've seen has waaaaay fewer polygons. I was periodically tempted to make it, but it would take loads of bondo to make it look like the real helmet. And FYI, Revell-Fan or Rhaven Black at Zealot made a really nice TOS laser... but I'm having trouble finding the thread or the download section. Zealot seems to have updated their site lately and I'm having trouble finding things. You probably still have to be a member with __ many posts to be able to download things. Revell-Fan or Rhaven Black also made some other sweet pepakura blasters: V, Buck Rogers, Cylon lasers..... Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers Props | Zealot shows off some of Revell-Fan's work.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Here it is ready for unfold. Please cast your eyes over it and let me know if you see any Glaring issues. Once again Im not going for Studio Accurate but I am going for Passable. I expect to do the Accuracy work in the Bondo Phase (should I get there)

Looks sweet,pity i suck at pep cos i'd love one.Do a Blakes 7 liberator blaster or the scorpio blaster, or the com braclets,or a liberator,or,,or,or .....sorry Blakes 7 gets me excited,i am also showing my age

Oddly Enough Madmax I was looking into either the Blakes Seven blasters or a federation soldier helmet..

Anywho Update time: the unfold proceeds somewhat slowly. but its commin.

Quick Update. The Unfold of the Helmet has been delayed even more due to various real life issues, anywho all that is out of the way and Im back on the unfold again.

I just got a old school viper pilot helmet and was wanting to know if anyone can help with the color paint used for the main color?
Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Folks.

Sorry for the delay. Its been a case of Reality strikes im afraid.

In answer to your question(s) Yes it will be available for download the hang up is I have to unfold it first.

And now I'm back to a state of normality that is happening real soon.

Here it is Folks.

< Link removed. for any files message me here with an email address i'll get it to you>

Unfolded and Unlocked. Feel free to scale away, Build Away, Let me know how it goes. I look forward to seeing any builds.

Have Fun

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back