Adam Savage Tool box build Help needed

LuciousFox

Hi guys im looking into building two Adam Savage tool boxes ive noticed that there has been some other threads about this but ive noticed no progress.

Ive watched myth-busters since it first came out in 2003 but sadly haven't seen it much lately until seeing it on quest and watching Adams you-tube videos ,this has thrown me into the idea of making two replica tool boxes but without the scissor lift.

This here is the plans im going from and they are on tested.com and i was wondering of any good tips to bend the metal lids and making the whole thing can any one help me ?

When i was going to make a replica of it, i just thought the metal would be bend slowly around it when i riveted it around the side shape.

I built two boxes. The first box I bent the sheet around the lid and riveted. Doing it that way was a huge pain. The second box, I used a short piece of PVC pipe I had laying around to put a bend on the lid before I riveted them. MUCH easier. Another note. A pair of sheet metal pliers will save you some grief. I didn't buy a pair until after I finished and wish I had them while I was building. Also make sure you have a bunch of clamps. You never have too many clamps. Hope that this helps I just made a video of my efforts. Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjspjYsLTeE&feature=youtu.be

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back