Legend: Dark Lily Costume

Magpie

I'm going to start making this costume asap, and am getting really excited for it! If you've never seen Legend then you really should try to see it's glittery goodness (no seriously, there's a LOT of glitter in that movie). If you have, you know what I'm talking about. Either way, here's a couple reference photos.

4616630630_28c6094180_o.jpg

Legend-dress.jpg
http://www.ferdyonfilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Legend-dress.jpg

As you can tell, there's really not much for reference materials. I'm grabbing screen shots from the movie, but there aren't any great references of this dress that can help me with material choices. Anyone else have some references for me?

This has LONG been on my list of costumes to make. It's definitely a daunting one with such little reference but the more you stare at what there is the more you can pick out! Definitely looking forward to seeing this come together!

Thank you all SO much! This definitely helps quite a bit!

I've gotten almost all the fabric needed to continue, just need to get a few more pieces until I can start putting everything together! Updates soon.

It looks like the inside of the collar is a black moire taffeta, probably a vintage fabric because the moire is pretty random. It could be a brocade, but the pattern is uneven, haphazard.

Hi;

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I am in the process of starting a Dark Lilly dress myself, and I've got 6 weeks to go before it's done for D*C (no... no rush at all....).

Magpie, I'm wondering if you ever finished yours?

I think I've got the materials covered for the dress itself (it won't be 100% accurate, because... well... let's face it, I'm no seamstress and don't have the ability to make 100% accurate anything), but I am looking at the silver sash thingie and I'm stumped ? What kind of material is that? In some shots it literally looks like Christmas tinsel with some kind of flower on it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for that sash.

Does anyone have any input on how to make the sash?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back