Delete Thread

Re: Iron Man Helmet Hinge Templates?

For the gap, you can always add another glob of bondo and sand back down as appropriate. Iooks like the cheek area could use a dab (from the pictures) as well.
For the hinges, is there something you specifically dont like about any of the others?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

For the gap, you can always add another glob of bondo and sand back down as appropriate. Iooks like the cheek area could use a dab (from the pictures) as well.
For the hinges, is there something you specifically dont like about any of the others?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Umm, not really, I was just wondering if there was one that was better than the others. I was thinking about going with this system:

ironman_1p_hinge1.jpgironman_1p_hinge2.jpg

If it is not going to be motorized, i dont think it really matters.
If it is, and you are following a tutorial, i would say follow their templates as you can be sure that the motors/hinges work properly together.. you can probably cobble most hinges together with any other motor system.. but then you are kind of on your own. A random search through you tube pulled up several.
My personal favorite was the adruino build that had the lights come on when the helmet closed.. there was a power up once you turned the helmet on.. and so on. Dont know that that one ever got finished (im not reading 100 pages on my phone).
Expense is another concern though.. do you have a set budget, or an "i wanna build this as bad ass as i can" budget?

Well, I'm just trying to make it as awesome as I can for as cheap as I can. I'm definitely open to suggestions. Originally, I was planning on building it without motorizing it, but that'd be sweet. I mean, this is my second build, and I had to buy the helmet from a local guy who builds 'em, so I'm not that skilled yet.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back