SpaceBalls action figures

miniimages21009gc7.jpg

Hey Doc,

I've been trying to PM you the last couple days, but your PMs are turned off with the new software. Go into User CP and turn 'em back on and then send me one RE: those figures.

-Fred

Hey Doc,

I've been trying to PM you the last couple days, but your PMs are turned off with the new software. Go into User CP and turn 'em back on and then send me one RE: those figures.

-Fred

Thanks for the heads up. If anyone else has been trying to email me, please do so again, thanks.

My buddy said he could be talked into casting up a few sets of Spaceballs figures from the original production molds he has as a favor to me for the people on this forum.

However, he wanted it known that gw2tulsa, who posted here recently that he had a set of the Spaceballs figures available, was given that set by my same buddy last year under the strictest agreement that gw2tulsa would never sell, trade or give them away - or allow them to be cast.

They were, even to this date, the only set of figures my buddy has allowed to go out, and he was very dissapointed to see gw2tulsa offer that set for sale here. gw2tulsa also mentioned posting them on Ebay. Hopefully he hasn't sold them already, and on his honor, he really shouldn't.

That said, if you're interested in your own set and not gw2tulsa's set, PM me and I'll pass on your requests.

Oh spare me the self righteous indignation... You can tell Joe he voided any agreements we made when he saw fit to recast all my parts and use them in his little schemes.

For anyone that cares. Doc's special friend - Joe Walser has recast some of my Back to the Future parts and publicly offered to recast even more if he can get his hands on them.

You see... I banned Joe along with a few others from my website a few months back after I found out they were "borrowing" parts from the screen-used Delorean which is on the Universal backlot. As Joe himself wrote - the parts just fell off into their hands.

The real irony is that while all these parts were falling off - replica parts that I made were being put in their place. Once I found out what they were doing, I made every effort to get these losers as far away from my board as possible - I even contemplated shutting my own site doen. A couple members here at the RPF were in the group that got booted as well, but this is not about them.

I've done my best to keep that fight away from this board, but if Doc wants to throw out one sided crap like this and try to play me as a bad guy then I think it only fair that you know where those figures are coming from via Doc.

To make matters more interesting, since I banned Joe Walser from my board - its been one crazy thing after another. He teamed up with another liftime "fan" of mine to just cause nothing but crap for your's truly. I've and others have been run through the mud via Ebay auctions laced with false info. These guys even waste their time creating "funny" youtube videos under an account named PlutoniumTV. Don't get me wrong - I think the crap they post is pretty hilarious, but you think they would have better things to do with their time.

My Advice, be careful when you deal with both Joe Walser and those who would call him friend.

-Gary

P.S. If it actually matters to anyone - the set of crappy cast spaceball figures I got from Joe are still sitting in my closet. They would have taken waaay to much work to be presentable. Full of holes and misalinged mold marks. Be careful what you pay for.

I am going to vouch on gw2tulsa's behalf. I have done several deals with Gary and he has been nothing but upfront and honest on every deal!!! I also know what went on between Gary and the other people that were banned from his site and I would have to say that anyone who loves a movie as much as Gary loves Back to the Future and has the guts to turn down and actually report people stealing actual pieces from the prop Delorean at Universal,...well Gary gets an A+ in my book.

I suggest some editing, and going to PMs guys...

This thread just had a red flag put up on it.

Sounds like some personal differences.

We always want people to help ID recasters, theives and such. But flaming other members and their friends Is bad form (both of you) If there is proof of allegations, PM a mod. And we'll see what actions to take.

thanks.

OldKen RPF staff

Last edited:
Members of the forum: Pardon me for the following response, in fact its against my better judgement, but i have had about enough of the harassment and the degradation.

Well, I guess you should have thought about that before bringing my character up with a crosshair firmly planted right in the middle.

I would assume that you are Ed based on the Valencia address. Although if I didn't know any better you were channeling Joe in the message below. Either way - you guys were all banned together from my site and seem to operate as some warped single entity so that will do for now and I'll just address the "facts" as you have posted them below with a couple of my own.

Look Gary Weaver II, This is neither the time or the place for pointing fingers and starting arguments. This is not your website. I don't think anyone appreciates you hijacking a thread that has little to do with what you have previously posted. Why must you name people and publicly call them thieves for your own gratification. There is a saying, believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. You are only going on word of mouth. In this case, you should consider your source of information.

Would you like me to post the segments of threads from your "fight club" where Joe says just who took them and when? I'd be more than happy to help in the investigation if the mods here need more proof.

I have always appreciated the RPF for the single fact that people here are honest and intolerable of re-casters... Well i think we all know who the king of re-casters is... Gary, you re-casted flux boxes off the BTTF Part 3 DeLorean screen used car...Only to resell them to your board members for $800 for a set... Come on, we both know there is about $100 dollars of resin used there... What your customers get for $800 are castings that are sub-par at best. Now who's the thief here...Did you ask for Universals permission to sell anything with the Back To the Future likeness... Exactly, so stop throwing stones. I'm extremely tired of putting up with your harassment!..

Yes we are Guilty of recasting Mike Carey's Flux boxes, but we did it as a favor to him...
- Separated out for emphasis.

He handed us a pile of crappy warped flux boxes... I wish now that we never helped him, but we felt sorry for the guy... He dropped over $2000 on your shoddy craftsmanship over a year ago and has yet to see half of it.... So after hours of correcting the warped castings for him. We handed him back 2 sets of correct castings... Give me a break.

Since you opened the can - allow me to get the worms in order for you.

Regarding the allegations that I've recast someones stuff - particularly the Part III Flux Boxes. Yes, I recast them from the original. However, this was with total and complete permission from the parts owner who happens to own the car (I've sent his contact info to OldKen). This owner contacted me to help him restore the nearly destroyed car. Part of that restoration was molding and casting a set of Flux Boxes from the two (of 6) remaining units on the car.

The primary rule on these were that they NOT Be altered or damaged in the molding process. Thats why the parts needed rehabbing before final assembly. They were NOT crap, just direct copies of the real deal after it had been sitting in the california sun for over 15 years. Elbow grease was REQUIRED to make these all "pretty".

I don't quite remember the price but I think they sold for $700 a set and there were a limited number of sets (10 or so IIRC). This was a pre-agreed quanitity between the owner and myself. Since they were sourced from an original set and limited I thought the price was fair. This was NOT just for the castings, but for detail plates, screws, and hardware.

I've already spoken with Mike about this and we are fine on the issue. As I understood it, he supplied the parts to be cleaned up since he didn't want to mess with the cleanup and painting. Part of the "fee" charged by Joe was that he be allowed to mold and cast them. At the start of it, Mike had no issues with this since he wanted backup units in the case of loss or damage. I was more shocked that after all that money on Mike's part he doesn't have his original parts back in hand since Joe "kept" them for whatever reason and gave Mike castings with a wood core instead of the Urethane Foam core I made. Talk about shady practices.

I don't appreciate your jealousy, and your blatant disregard for myself and the other members of this forum. I was just warning them... Thats what you do when you don't want to see people taken advantage of... So if you are done spewing your hate here, then take your cronies and go somewhere else.
Quit losing sleep over this Gary. If you dont like the spaceballs castings, then send them back. Its not like you paid for them anyway...Next time you have something to say, just PM me. Shoot, call me on the phone if you want and we can talk this through like adults... Now if we can get back to what this thread is about.

Why should I send them back? Joe and I agreed to a trade for those items and he recieved his full "payment" just fine. All I said is that I have them in a box here because the castings were going to take some work to make presentable.

Of course by what you've posted above I should be able to take them, clean them up, and make as many castings as I would like. I did just get that understanding for why you guys freely admitted to copying my parts originally?

Don't whine us a story because you took the first pot shot at me over here and I just told everyone what's been going on since I Banned you and your lot from my board in December. Not to sure if you noticed, but I removed my post from this thread less than a day after I posted it - SPECIFICALLY because I did make that gentlemens agreement with Joe and unlike him will actually keep my word. Don't worry, they aren't going anywhere.

To quote a mutual friend.

"and that's all I have to say about tha-at."

-Gary

Gary, do what you need to do. I think the RPF is not the right place to air your dirty laundry and you should take it to PM if you have a personal issue with me. I'd be happy to work though this with you toward a peaceful resolution. Besides, when everyone starts throwing crap, no one comes out clean.

Last edited:
I was about to clean up this thread and then thought better of it. Let their statements stand...but not continue. All banter between (or about) Doc and Gary ends now. Any further will be removed.

Also, no more interest-guaging, order-taking, "PM for details" or other sale-related talk should take place here. If you want to do that, start an Interest thread in the Junkyard where they belong.

Thanks.

I'm good on my end. I've already been in contact with JediRick and OldKen about this stuff. I leave it in your hands.

Thanks Jay.
Gary

I was about to clean up this thread and then thought better of it. Let their statements stand...but not continue. All banter between (or about) Doc and Gary ends now. Any further will be removed.

Also, no more interest-guaging, order-taking, "PM for details" or other sale-related talk should take place here. If you want to do that, start an Interest thread in the Junkyard where they belong.

Thanks.

GW,

My apologies for not posting/participating earlier. My internet service has been out for several days. Old Ken phoned me the other day but, I have been unable to get decent access until now.

Rick

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back