D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

The future has been changed.

The news paper in future room changed....it was written in 2025 by Iris West-Allen, so, he apparently pops back out and gets married at some point. Unless there's a RL story out about him not being on the show next year, i think him being gone is jumping the gun a bit. I mean, they let us think Iris was dead for a whopping 60 seconds of screen time if that.

They hedged this with the whole "I've always been Iris West-Allen since we were 3" line or however it went. And could justify it as her deciding to change her name to honor that.

I found a pic of next seasons Wells......
tumblr_lva5jeOoNR1qixft3o1_400.jpg

I fully expect to see a a sequence where Harry and Cisco and Brand have been working on a method of nullifying the speed force prison at some point next season.

That or the speed force sends him back because something's gone wrong. His work can't possibly be done due to all the villains we know he faces in the future.

That said, it'll be 2ish years he's been gone is my guess. He'll show up and iris will be dating someone else, or married. I mean, god forbid they be permitted to get together before the series finale' right?

I think cboath is right about the speed force sending him back. His mom said Barry isn't going to hell. So this is not really a prison for him. This might be the place where he really learns about the speed force and his powers and how he can really become the flash that they have foreshadowed into the future. Also I think you could expect him to be gone for a certain amount of time on Earth (ie. 6 months) but to him it will actually be more like 4 or 5 years. (Space time cont. and such)

The fact that I had to go so far back to retrieve this thread, despite the premiere being last night, should indicate how many people care any more, but nevertheless:

Who saw it? Who still cares? Spoiler discussion below.

I thought it looked promising, and I am glad that we will have a villain that is not a speedster. There is no way that Barry is just better. Whatever was happening to him at the beginning is definitely going to play a part in the plot going forward.

I thought it looked promising, and I am glad that we will have a villain that is not a speedster. There is no way that Barry is just better. Whatever was happening to him at the beginning is definitely going to play a part in the plot going forward.
That was exactly my first thought after the episode ended too. It was way too easy.

Also, I thought the pipeline was impenetrable, it even kept Zoom locked up, but Berry busted through it like nothing.

Glad to have Barry back. The way last season ended thought Barry would be away for at least 1/3 the season.
Already better.

Granted, last season sucked, but this just proves that there are absolutely no lasting consequences of anything on Flash. Barry should have been gone for at least part of the season, giving the rest of the cast a chance to shine in his absence. But no, of course not.

It may not have been possible.

Contracts can guarantee number of appearances, number of weeks off, etc....I doubt that's the reason, but still.

It's also kind of ironic talking about no lasting consequences for essentially a comic book? How many hero's haven't died and returned at this point?

It may not have been possible.

Contracts can guarantee number of appearances, number of weeks off, etc....I doubt that's the reason, but still.

It's also kind of ironic talking about no lasting consequences for essentially a comic book? How many hero's haven't died and returned at this point?

What makes you think we don't complain about that too? The lack of consequences in comics essentially makes death meaningless. It's all a sales gimmick with no lasting results.

Mostly liked it, like that Barry looks like he’s finally as fast as he should, but strongly disliked Iris’ line “you’re not the Flash Barry, we are” No. Nope. Barry might like having support, but he’s the hero here, not the team...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back