D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

Have we talked about who Dr. Wells is likely to be? I was first thinking Booster Gold but we is way too evil for that.

Have we talked about who Dr. Wells is likely to be? I was first thinking Booster Gold but we is way too evil for that.

I know the show already has Eddie and everybody is expecting him to be Zoom, but for some reason I keep thinking Wells will turn out to be the Professor instead.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

My take on Wells:

In the previous week's episode, Wells mentioned how, when you lose something, you'll do anything to get it back (paraphrase).

I initially thought this confirmed his identity as Zoom (lost his powers and needs Barry to create the speed force to regain them).

However, in last night's ep, Wells referenced his dead wife / partner. I believe Wells intends to use Barry to go back in time and save his wife, and he will stop at nothing--even murder--to achieve this goal.

So I don't think Wells is Zoom anymore. I believe Eddie's Zoom (having come from the future to mess with Barry, ala Flashpoint).

Anyway, just some ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great thought - Wells seems so not evil at times, and if he intends to go back in time and change things he could undo some of his less noble deeds through the series so far.

What happened in Flashpoint? Haven't we seen Eddie seem kind of vulnerable or flustered by Iris' dad (in a sympathetic way) without anyone around to see though?

Well if Eddie is Zoom, which I hope, it will be a major shock for the general audience who doesn't know the flash ! The further we go, the more normal and nice Thorn looks. Box training with Barry, being nice to him etc... Then boom, that nice guy who actually come from the future and knows Barry's all life is revealed to be the one who killed his mother, knowingly seduced and nailed Barry's future wife and all of that by being his friend. Hard stuff there !

That's a great thought - Wells seems so not evil at times, and if he intends to go back in time and change things he could undo some of his less noble deeds through the series so far.

What happened in Flashpoint? Haven't we seen Eddie seem kind of vulnerable or flustered by Iris' dad (in a sympathetic way) without anyone around to see though?

In flashpoint, Barry goes back in time to stop zoom from killing his mother (violating his own promise never to do such a thing). He succeeds but alters history and essentially ruins the present.

In any case, zoom claims responsibility for every tragedy in Barry's life.

After this week's episode, I'm further confused as to the identity of Zoom. Despite Eddie sharing Zoom's identity from the comics, Wells still seems like the most likely culprit.

-We already know Wells at least has knowledge of the future, though we do not know if he is actually from it.
-We know Wells is lying to everyone on the show (he does not need the chair), so there is really no reason to believe that the story about his wife is true. Even if it is, it does not mean that that is the reason he is here, especially considering his attention/actions all seem focused around Barry.
-In the most recent episode (6: The Flash is Born), we see Zoom steal the evidence of Barry's mom's case from Joe and threaten Iris's life if Joe continues to dig into it. Joe has been investigating the case in secret, revealing that fact only to Barry and Wells. Eddie is (to our knowledge) ignorant of the investigation. Is it a coincidence that, in the same episode that Wells learns of Joe's investigation, Zoom shows up to halt it?

All of that having been said, I think it would be damn silly of them to have a character sharing the identity of Zoom from the comics, and not have him become him. With that in mind, I have a couple theories as to who is who, and why Zoom showed up in the same episode that Wells finds out about Joe West's renewed investigation:

1. Eddie and Wells are actually working together. Wells is genuinely concerned with the survival of Barry because Eddie (who is actually Zoom and is constructing an elaborate ruse to mess with Barry) has promised Wells that he will change the past and bring back his wife if Wells complies with the ruse and fosters Barry's abilities. This scenario provides a motive for Wells's investment in Barry's survival, while also allowing for Eddie to be Zoom, as his name would imply.

2. Wells is a non-canon Reverse-Flash, and has traveled back in time for reasons that have yet to be revealed, but somewhere down the line Eddie gets burned by Barry (becomes friends, Barry betrays friendship by ending up with Iris, or something) and seeks to become the Reverse Flash.

I'm just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks, but I think those are two possibilities.

After this week's episode, I'm further confused as to the identity of Zoom. Despite Eddie sharing Zoom's identity from the comics, Wells still seems like the most likely culprit.

Eddie shares the same last name. Edward Thawne vs. Eobard Thawne. Could just be a red herring to tease fans and just be a complete redirect.

Eddie shares the same last name. Edward Thawne vs. Eobard Thawne. Could just be a red herring to tease fans and just be a complete redirect.

Of course! As I said, I'm just hypothesizing, since we have no knowledge except for the fact that they share the same name. Could be that, could be he changed his name in the present to blend in better, could be an ancestor, etc. Personally, I hope it is not just the writers tossing in an easter egg, and that the name actually holds significance somewhere down the line.

I'm loving all that you guys are saying about wells/eddie/zoom! :) I love this series, but I hate seeing some of you guys bash the show just because it's on the CW. They're doing a great job with this show and I can't wait to see more! It's probably my top show on TV right now :)

After last night's episode, we now have a damn good reason for Eddie to hate The Flash.

I still think Wells is the version of Zoom/Reverse-Flash that we have seen so far, but this could the beginning of a vendetta against the Flash for Eddie Thawne, one that could lead to him seeking the power (speed) to take down The Flash himself.

• Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow,[4] named after the civilian identity of the DC Comics character Killer Frost. A highly intelligent bioengineering expert, Snow believes she lost her fiancé, Ronnie Raymond[4] during an explosion at S.T.A.R. Labs.[5]

• Rick Cosnett as Eddie Thawne. A recent transfer to the Central City Police Department, Thawne's past is a mystery and he harbors a dark secret.[5]

• Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon, named after the civilian identity of the DC Comics character Vibe. A mechanical engineering genius, Ramon is the youngest member of the team of scientists at S.T.A.R. Labs.[6]

• Tom Cavanagh as Dr. Harrison Wells, the mind and money behind Central City’s S.T.A.R. Labs Particle Accelerator, who becomes a pariah after the lab explodes.[7] He serves as a mentor to Barry Allen after he exhibits his powers, but Dr. Wells is keeping secrets from Barry and the plans he has for him.

• Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West, a cop who acts as a surrogate father to Barry and is the father of Iris West.[1][8]

After last night's episode, we now have a damn good reason for Eddie to hate The Flash.

I still think Wells is the version of Zoom/Reverse-Flash that we have seen so far, but this could the beginning of a vendetta against the Flash for Eddie Thawne, one that could lead to him seeking the power (speed) to take down The Flash himself.

Next weeks preview seems to discount both Wells AND Eddie as Zoom/Reverse Flash.

Next weeks preview seems to discount both Wells AND Eddie as Zoom/Reverse Flash.

I haven't seen it yet! I had to run immediately after the show ended (was technically already late) so I didn't see any previews for next week, and it doesn't look like it is online yet.

I don't know, I slowed down the video and it almost looked like it was Barry's lightning running around when Eddie and Wells were in the room. I still have this weird feeling that Wells somehow plays into Zoom, especially after he seemed so interested in how Blackout was able to siphon off Barry's powers. Maybe he isn't Zoom himself, but finds a way to create him?

On another note, is anyone else stoked at Firestorm's little cameo at the end of Flash vs. Arrow?

Just watched it, and hoo boy was it a good episode.

Also found out some great news...

Mark Hamill to reprise Trickster role for "The Flash"

So far we've got John Wesley Shipp, Amanda Pays, and now Mark Hamill showing up on the new show, and two of them are reprising their original roles.

My inner fanboy is pleased.

snoopydancing.gif

For a minute there, I thought that maybe there was a possibility that Barry's dad was going to be the reverse Flash, but now I guess it is Wells. I think, for some reason, it takes both Flash's speed together to time travel. Obviously Wells can see future stuff in his weird computer room. I think maybe he is trapped in the present and needs Barry's speed to help him get back to the future, thus him always trying to get Barry to run faster. Still not sure how the Mom's death works in, though.

I think Wells is the original Zoom from the future and creating the suit, but at some point Eddie gets the suit and uses it to go back in time and get revenge on Barry. Most likely for something involving his future relationship with Iris. He goes back to kill Barry, but Barry goes back and instead it cases Eddie to kill Barry's mom.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back