D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

I'll probably drop Arrow to watch this instead, rather see super powers and a bigger VFX budget if I'm going to torture myself with a CW show. Not sure if it's a fall release though.

I'll definitely be giving this a watch. I like the tone and the effects look pretty good, but that costume still looks terrible, even with the added effects I just can't see that as the Flash's costume.I hope they change it before too long, its just not something a runner would wear.

the costume is a bit grimace worthy, but from the videos, the speedforce sfx is completely spot on. barry and wally are 2 of my favorite DC characters so I really have to give this a chance. i just hope the whole "woah, he outran a whole arrow!" aspect is blown away. thats crazy slow for the flash. this is a guy who is able to run around the entire earth to punch you from the opposite side during a fist fight

The radar gun showed him exceeding 700 mph, I'm fairly sure outrunning the arrow isn't indicative of his potential. It's just a gimmick since Flash is a spin-off of Arrow, same as having Ollie show up in the pilot.

Not digging the suit, the speed force effect is fine though. Not sure how I feel about so many people knowing his identity, especially since a couple of them are villains in the comics. Glad to see they're having Zoom seeded right from the get go though.

Yes Zoom is great. And yea pushing 700 (basically sound barrier) when he's obviously new and figuring out his limits is good. I just hate seeing people post how superspeed is a lame power when they dont know the degree the Flash is capable of. Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern all call a single city the main one they protect. Flash literally patrols every street of 3 cities across the county simultaneously. It's pretty epic

So what's up with the flash killing the Flash's mom (I'm sure he's innocent) while the flash is still a kid? The "man standing in the lightning" seems pretty important to him. Strange that he doesn't recognize the mask when he sees it.

I think I will give this one a try. I've never watched Arrow so I'm hoping there is not too much of a tie in. But that trailer looks pretty good.

I think I will give this one a try. I've never watched Arrow so I'm hoping there is not too much of a tie in. But that trailer looks pretty good.
Well, this Flash show is a spinoff from Arrow since Barry Allen appeared in 2 episodes of Arrow. So I would like to see Arrow & certain cast members to appear in Flash & vice-versa to acknowledge they belong in the same DC universe. Just like members of Stargate SG-1 appeared in Stargate Atlantis.

So what's up with the flash killing the Flash's mom (I'm sure he's innocent) while the flash is still a kid? The "man standing in the lightning" seems pretty important to him. Strange that he doesn't recognize the mask when he sees it.

I'm not up on my Flash story history, but I believe the yellow Flash is Professor Zoom, Flash's arch nemesis, someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong?

There's more than one Reverse Flash, with Professor Zoom being arguably the most famous. He's the one that killed Barry's mother.

It could also be Zoom, who's another Reverse Flash that showed up after Professor Zoom died and had an almost-identical costume.

Okay..so I take it with the new Batman/Superman film,this,Green Arrow I suppose what we're seeing is the start of the DC universe?

Wonder if they'll redo Green Lantern? or just pick up from the end of the last movie?

or just pick up from the end of the last movie?

no-hell-no.gif

The CW shows aren't connected to Man of Steel (at least, not yet), Constantine won't be connected to anything, and neither will Gotham.

Which is a big waste if you ask me, but hey.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back