D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

Looks like the tips of the bolts on the mask are not attached to the cowl. So we get a little bit of the 3D effect of the original wings.

BifdJlwCMAAkz7b.jpg large.jpgBifcju9CYAEe6dj.jpg large.jpgsx3P01X.jpgBifePhDCQAAFQB-.jpg large.jpgxfBOpbay.jpeg

Bifcju9CYAEe6dj.jpg

I like the way they did it, but I think I'd have liked it better had it looked like this. I don't mind changing color hues on outfits, like making the Man of Steel suit darker than the more traditional Superman colors, but it just doesn't make sense to me that they would change the color of the logo itself. Sure, logos have changed over time in design, but color scheme in itself has never truly been changed, so why take the white out of the iconic Flash logo? Still, looking forward to this series, and hoping it rocks!

Why do them have to make everyone so dark? I mean, sheesh... the guy has golden lightning bolts for ears... I don't think a red suit is going to make him too cheesy.

And is he as skinny as he looks in those shots? The outfit looks like its too big for him... I don't know... I still like the Shipp version (though I can see making him a bit thinner... but still give the guy some muscles).

shipp.jpg

Urgh! I don't mind the skinny aspect, but the red moon has to go. Shipp-Flash has done it right… and the belt… is oversized.... the maroon is a tad dark.

Hollywood seems to think that every superhero's costume should like like it's made out of basketball skins for some reason!

I guess if each episode takes place at 2am and he is always running around in the dark it won't be so bad...

Funny that the flash gets a quality super hero suit out the door and billionaire oliver queen still is wearing what looks like green rags from goodwill :) (i know i know, it's stuff from shadow, but still)
Not really. Arrow's suit is high-quality made of mostly leather with seams of matte spandex. Look closely at this link Arrow's costume.

View attachment 296495

I like the way they did it, but I think I'd have liked it better had it looked like this. I don't mind changing color hues on outfits, like making the Man of Steel suit darker than the more traditional Superman colors, but it just doesn't make sense to me that they would change the color of the logo itself. Sure, logos have changed over time in design, but color scheme in itself has never truly been changed, so why take the white out of the iconic Flash logo? Still, looking forward to this series, and hoping it rocks!

Damn. That looks good. :(

View attachment 296495

Yeah, that looks alot better. Maybe you should suggest it to the producers of the Flash TV show so that if they decide to make it a series, then they can change the color.

Yeah, that looks alot better. Maybe you should suggest it to the producers of the Flash TV show so that if they decide to make it a series, then they can change the color.

Haha, I'm kind of hoping they will anyway. Like, maybe this is just the prototype/first suit he makes, and he finds materials that stand up better to his speed later on and he remakes his suit.

Seeing a full frontal view, in daylight, I do not like this suit at all.
The cowl, I was ok with, the crouching shot, I was on the fence, but seeing it clearly, no.
The Flash should be sleek and vibrant. The red is too dark and there is not enough yellow. This looks like Biker Flash. Baggy leather and rough textured fabric are not what The Flash should be wearing. Look at real runners, sprinters, speed skaters, they wear smooth, form fitting material to reduce friction and drag, and have freedom of movement. The oversized belt looks off. Plus the saggy outfit makes the already thin looking Grant Gustin, look like a little kid. I know he shouldn't be a body builder or anything, but he looks silly like that.

Obviously the shoulders are the same material as the rest of the costume. However, his shoulders looked rather square in some pics, which suggested to me some sort of padding in the shoulder similar to what's in business suits. Such padding would in fact have no bearing on the outer material of the costume.

Evidently he's just a twig with square shoulders, go figure.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back