1:6 scale Ripley and POWER LOADER coming from Sideshow

The Power Loader. This is awesome. I have GOT to get this. But, you know, I'm not a fan of the Hot Toys Ripley figure. It just doesn't look like Sigourney Weaver. And in this day and age, there's no excuse for charging me $300.00 plus for a figure that looks VAGUELY like Sigourney's lesbian cousin (not that there's anything wrong with that). Any idea in terms of inches how tall this sucker is?

Thanks,

Alan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(arc60 @ Feb 11 2007, 08:28 PM) [snapback]1416976[/snapback]</div>
The Power Loader. This is awesome. I have GOT to get this. But, you know, I'm not a fan of the Hot Toys Ripley figure. It just doesn't look like Sigourney Weaver. And in this day and age, there's no excuse for charging me $300.00 plus for a figure that looks VAGUELY like Sigourney's lesbian cousin (not that there's anything wrong with that). Any idea in terms of inches how tall this sucker is?

Thanks,

Alan
[/b]

They probably do not have the rights to her likeness.

I bet better head sculpts would show up on ebay eventually.

I don't think sigourney's cousins figure is even included... sold separtly.

There is probably a custom head sculpt out there that looks better anyway.

Steven

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ Feb 12 2007, 04:50 AM) [snapback]1416991[/snapback]</div>
Sweet. But for that price, I think I'd rather build my Halcyon Power Loader kit.
[/b]

The Halcyon kit fits a 6" Ripley, though...
This one's double the size.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marvin Martian 68 @ Feb 12 2007, 06:30 AM) [snapback]1417039[/snapback]</div>
I don't think sigourney's cousins figure is even included... sold separtly.

There is probably a custom head sculpt out there that looks better anyway.

Steven
[/b]

Yeah, I'm sure there are. Anyone have any pics of a better Sigourney head?

Alan

That thing in friggin' cool. It'll probably be in the 13"-15" range.

The ripley figure is just the one that was released (or supposed to be released) when Hot Toys did the run of the marines (Hicks, Apone and Vasquez). If it comes in at the $300 price range, it had better come with Ripley and an alien Queen.

The Unicron transformer is something like 15" tall and he only cost around $80 if I remember. Plus he transforms. Unless the power loader shoots fire, I can't see this costing much more than $125. The matrix robot/gun thing ran about $40 and that's about 12" tall. I think sideshow like to pass along the importing fees. The marine figures were great, but not $90 great. If they had come in at $50 apiece, I probably would have ordered all 3 instead of just Hicks.

-Fred

nice but the hot toys stuff is all about 50% more than id be willing to pay for it .
12" figs for $100?
Power loader for 200-300?
Id love an aliens PL display but not for $300.

Kinda like my thoughts on the sideshow jabba, those are priced much cheaper but if you want it to be complete your in the 400- price area...

My chin is bruised...

It just hit the floor.

I'm gonna totally geek out now, but from memory the serial number of Halcyons Loader (raised writting on the Loaders 'bicep') was N-1726... and this one is N-1725

Can anyone confirm this?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(treeboar @ Feb 12 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]1417563[/snapback]</div>
My chin is bruised...

It just hit the floor.

I'm gonna totally geek out now, but from memory the serial number of Halcyons Loader (raised writting on the Loaders 'bicep') was N-1726... and this one is N-1725

Can anyone confirm this?
[/b]

The left "arm" is N-1724 and the right "arm" is N-1725

Man, the only reason I never finished my Halcyon PL was the butt-awful face on Ripley.

Guys,

If your looking for the Ultimate Loader and figure kit...... Check out this garage kit from my friend Mike at Forbidden Zone: http://www.forbidden-zone.biz/index.htm
is producing.

It's a 1/8th scale Loader with figure.
The loader is Dead-on accurate and patterened by my buddy Tom (Master of styrene) Seiler.

And the Ripley figure is done by another friend of mine, Gabriel Marquez: http://myweb.cebridge.net/gsworks/index.htm
who has already done a classic garage kit of Ripley before (It's the kit with her getting into her space suit)... I forgot the maker.

I've seen this kit's finished pattern in person and it is Awsome... :eek

It should be out sometimes this year.
You can check out the "Making-of" here: http://www.forbidden-zone.biz/loaderprogress.htm

Run. don't walk.... go and pre-order this bad boy and support your local garage kit industry :)

And tell them Nick sent you :D

ripley.jpg

ripley2.jpg

ripley3.jpg

ripley4.jpg

ripley5.jpg

ripley6.jpg

ripley7.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Houston Robocop @ Feb 13 2007, 04:57 AM) [snapback]1417808[/snapback]</div>
Guys,

If your looking for the Ultimate Loader and figure kit...... Check out this garage kit from my friend Mike at Forbidden Zone: http://www.forbidden-zone.biz/index.htm
is producing.

It's a 1/8th scale Loader with figure.
The loader is Dead-on accurate and patterened by my buddy Tom (Master of styrene) Seiler.

And the Ripley figure is done by another friend of mine, Gabriel Marquez: http://myweb.cebridge.net/gsworks/index.htm
who has already done a classic garage kit of Ripley before (It's the kit with her getting into her space suit)... I forgot the maker.

I've seen this kit's finished pattern in person and it is Awsome... :eek[/b]

:eek Wow, this kit makes the SS one looks bad. Great job from your friend. Too bad I can't afford one right now. :cry

Yeah, very cool kit. Good Ripley pose and likeness. I couldn't find a price anywhere on their website. How much is it? I notice their original delivery date for the kit has come and gone. "Sometime this year?" Well... keep us posted. Love to see one tricked out and painted.

Alan

As above.

I saw this kit a little while ago but lost the url, so thanks for posting, but when is it out?.?? And how much change will this leave me???

This 1/4 scale kit will be the definitive PL. The best reference available was used, and is being done by industry pros. A few folks that worked on the fim consulted on it as well. Trust me, if you ever wanted a PL, this is the one to wait for (should be ready in a month or 2). Don't waste your money on toys. :)

A little quote from the film:

"If you like that...you're going to LOVE this..."

http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=125438

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back