Things you're tired of seeing in movies

I believe it's been discussed before, but I'm going to rant about it. No competent CCW carriers. Whether it's a thriller, horror or what have you, it makes me mad as hell watching situations go down where it's like, "CCW could've prevented this." MAKE it a part of the protagonist(s)...you can still make a good movie with it............................

I know, anti gun hollywood, or anti gun culture, or it doesn't work for "X" genre, blah, blah, etc.

End rant.

Another gun related one.
Unarmed good guy knocks armed bad guy out, then runs off and leaves the gun behind.

Or even worse, they take it and toss it in a dumpster for whoever to find(even though it will likely end up in a landfill), it isn't exactly secured....

even if they disassemble the slide from the frame...most common guns are "plug and play" with their same brand/calbiers...still not a proper "disposal" method.

Any movie set in LA loaded with eccentric archetypal characters - especially if it has at least one film director or screenwriter character.

Movies that feature heroes who conquer every new challenge and obstacle they encounter with incredible ease. The most recent example I can think of is Kingsman: The Secret Service with it's leading character, Gary. Here is this kid who enters what is supposed to be a rigorous and potentially fatal training program but somehow knows exactly what to do to ace the scenario. Why do writers think that these kinds of characters are interesting?

Movies that feature heroes who conquer every new challenge and obstacle they encounter with incredible ease. The most recent example I can think of is Kingsman: The Secret Service with it's leading character, Gary. Here is this kid who enters what is supposed to be a rigorous and potentially fatal training program but somehow knows exactly what to do to ace the scenario. Why do writers think that these kinds of characters are interesting?

I think it goes back to the whole anti establishment vs the straight laced squares or, "It takes an outsider to think outside the box, regardless if the other people KNOW what they're doing, were TRAINED prior to this try out, etc. etc". See also, MIB. Wil Smith's character was chosen by TLJ because he could run and keep up with an alien....NOT because of his previous training, or training scores during the try out, eg: the shooting range/scenario:facepalm.

Kingsman doesn't take itself very seriously. It's just a fun romp.

You should watch the Eddie the eagle movie. Same actor and it is a feel good movie but it does show the other side.

After seeing, “John Wick 2” yesterday, I have to add another: INDESTRUTIBLE CARS. A car get hit by (or hits) three or more other cars, looks like Godzilla just played, “Kick the can” with it. And what happens next? The driver fires it right up and drives off. No busted fan blades, steaming radiator, missing cylinders or alignment issues. Nope, the hero can drive off easy. It’s ugly, but it still drives just fine and for whatever distance the hero wants to go.
What a steaming pile!

After seeing, “John Wick 2” yesterday, I have to add another: INDESTRUTIBLE CARS. A car get hit by (or hits) three or more other cars, looks like Godzilla just played, “Kick the can” with it. And what happens next? The driver fires it right up and drives off. No busted fan blades, steaming radiator, missing cylinders or alignment issues. Nope, the hero can drive off easy. It’s ugly, but it still drives just fine and for whatever distance the hero wants to go.
What a steaming pile!
Not to mention that since at least the early 70's some cars with electric fuel pumps had sensors that would detect collisions and kill the fuel pump to prevent gas being pumped out.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Has this one been mentioned? A wall full of pictures with all this string thumb tacked to it. What does that even mean? What is the point of all the string? Somehow this picture connects to that picture which connects to another picture? Damn, dude, just put the pictures that connect BESIDE each other!

Has this one been mentioned? A wall full of pictures with all this string thumb tacked to it. What does that even mean? What is the point of all the string? Somehow this picture connects to that picture which connects to another picture? Damn, dude, just put the pictures that connect BESIDE each other!

What? You don't cover your walls with pictures and notes that connect in overly complicated ways? That's how you dramatically make the connections that everyone else with the same information can't.

Lol.

What? You don't cover your walls with pictures and notes that connect in overly complicated ways? That's how you dramatically make the connections that everyone else with the same information can't.

Lol.

When was the last time that trope was used seriously? Isn't it usually done too show the character has gone off the deep end these days?

Good one, I had never thought of that.
When was the last time that trope was used seriously? Isn't it usually done too show the character has gone off the deep end these days?
I still see it on TV, though I can't recall the exact show I last saw it on, but it wasn't long ago and not for a crazy character.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back