Things you're tired of seeing in movies

In "T2" they used cannon shot sounds for the guns to give them more impact. I guess one of the most believable sounds used for a gun is the whirring sound of the empty mini gun in "Predator".

I can't stand the T-1000's Beretta sounds in the Galleria Mall chase.

Edit* Cameron did do the sound of the Pulse Rifles himself or at least very closely oversaw it from what I've heard so I can let it pass.

Last edited:
How do you mean, did the sounds himself? I liked the sound of the pulse rifles as they had their own distinctive sounds and didn't sound like anything I'd heard before.

He edited the Thompson's report and added FX or reverb what have you because he wasn't happy with the sound of them. He had it tweaked till he liked it.

He edited the Thompson's report and added FX or reverb what have you because he wasn't happy with the sound of them. He had it tweaked till he liked it.

And the sound designers for Alien3 ruined everything when they simply made the Pulse Rifles sound like machine guns.

- - - Updated - - -

I always wanted to make a movie called 'Cliche' with every possible one crammed into it.

Unless of course that concept is one as well, in which case........
Blazing Saddles did a great job with this, regarding westerns

Last edited:
The whole world exists in one city.

... which could be LA but more often that city is New York, New York (or a fictional city that was patterned on New York)
... and it is attacked by a catastrophe / monster / mutants / space-aliens / whatever
... and we see the Empire State Building blow up.

No doubt said already, but I missed the days where people in TV/Film use Torches and not their mobile phones, bonus points for looking through the screen whilst doing so.
Be lucky if my phone lasts till night time, never mind just as they get into the basement/ dead end.

No doubt said already, but I missed the days where people in TV/Film use Torches and not their mobile phones, bonus points for looking through the screen whilst doing so.
Be lucky if my phone lasts till night time, never mind just as they get into the basement/ dead end.

This brings up one of my dislikes. Characters that are supposed to be America using British references, such as Torch for Flashlight and Lift for Elevator.

This brings up one of my dislikes. Characters that are supposed to be America using British references, such as Torch for Flashlight and Lift for Elevator.
For a sec I forgot that the Brits use torch for flashlight. I was thinking, like, a flaming tree branch or something, hahaha.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Speaking of flashlights, and I'm sure this has been mentioned, but it happens all the time. Character goes into dimly lit area with flashlight. The light will flicker and go out. Character bangs on it a couple of times. Like clockwork.

For a sec I forgot that the Brits use torch for flashlight. I was thinking, like, a flaming tree branch or something, hahaha.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Could be Americans just using the proper words....<ducks>

J

Speaking of flashlights, and I'm sure this has been mentioned, but it happens all the time. Character goes into dimly lit area with flashlight. The light will flicker and go out. Character bangs on it a couple of times. Like clockwork.

I do that all the time with my flashlights, it works.

For me that would depend on the context. If the character has been living in another country for a long time then it is natural to use terms from that country.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back