Things you're tired of seeing in movies

I'm sure its been said somwhere in this thread at some point, and now its not done really anymore, but in the early 2000s after the Matrix had come out in 99, everyone had to have their own form of bullet time. It went from being this cool looking shot to just having no point at all other than a selling point for the movie.

What has NOT stopped is programs, ads and video production graphics packages using Matrix-style raining green numbers.

STAHP

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 48
Ah yes, Matrix code. Too many people like something and instead of having their own ideas maybe somewhat based on something popular, they pretty much copy it. Look at all the space type movies that copied Star Wars in the late 70s early 80s.

I'm sure its been said somwhere in this thread at some point, and now its not done really anymore, but in the early 2000s after the Matrix had come out in 99, everyone had to have their own form of bullet time. It went from being this cool looking shot to just having no point at all other than a selling point for the movie.

It was that way with people morphing in movies and videos. After MJ's Black or White and Mortal Kombat suddenly the software was all over and everyone was doing morphing scenes.

And it served no purpose in The Matrix either, other than to look cool (dumb).

It was that way with people morphing in movies and videos. After MJ's Black or White and Mortal Kombat suddenly the software was all over and everyone was doing morphing scenes.

But the tech is much older than that, it was first used on the big screen in Willow and after that the tech became all the rage in the tech sector with all kinds of morphing software hitting the market.

But not when it involves a motorcycle, the hero almost always conveniently wears a full faced helmet with a dark visor. On the rare occasion we see them without a helmet it's always shot from the back.
Yeah, and any pilot in a jet fighter will have his O2 mask and dark visor in place in the aerial shots, but won't have his mask or visor in place for the interior shots (like in Top Gun, you never see Maverick- or any of the other primary characters- with a dark visor down unless you see the F-14's taxiing).

Yeah, and any pilot in a jet fighter will have his O2 mask and dark visor in place in the aerial shots, but won't have his mask or visor in place for the interior shots (like in Top Gun, you never see Maverick- or any of the other primary characters- with a dark visor down unless you see the F-14's taxiing).
Stars have to have their faces on screen and not have their voices muffled by masks. That just adds to the awesomeness that is Karl Urban because he kept the helmet on for Dredd.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Stars have to have their faces on screen and not have their voices muffled by masks. That just adds to the awesomeness that is Karl Urban because he kept the helmet on for Dredd.
Yeah, this is probably the primary reason why you don’t see headgear worn in Sci-Fi very often. Hats and helmets hide the actor’s faces and doesn’t allow them to ‘emote’ to suit themselves. Even in the cases of them being used, they either provide as much open space for the faces (like in Starship Troopers), or comically so, spacesuits so often have the faces LIT up. Even in military roles, they’re running around with lights on their faces. That always drove me nuts!

Or a scene where the characters are driving at night and there is a light blasting them in the face. Just saw this the other day and now can't remember what it was I was watching.

Anyone tired of any space movie with an 'unknown' approaching Earth, it's always at a time when all the planets in the solar system are perfectly aligned, so as to have the object pass each one on its way to earth. Whereas planetary alignment is very rare

It always really bugs me when someone is supposed to be driving but they're staring at the passenger. Keep your eyes on the road!
In all fairness, I know people who really drive like that. I usually never ride with those people again, but I've seen several people who do this.

Ripping a couple wires out of a steering column and hotwiring a car. A couple decades ago it was a little more believable, but now it's just lazy.

I'd love to see a movie where a couple of guys are trying to do a quick getaway, and one crawls under the dash and starts ripping things out, and when he's asked why it's taking so long, exclaim "I don't have any idea how to do this! How do you hotwire a car?!" :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back