Things you're tired of seeing in movies

When looking for information in books, binders or any periodical... they ALWAYS turn to the very page they're looking for on the first try and it's always followed with a "Ah... here it is..."

Hot chicks made up to look like nerds. Why not just get some hot nerds instead? They're out there but instead we get vapid models dressed up as geeks.

When looking for information in books, binders or any periodical... they ALWAYS turn to the very page they're looking for on the first try and it's always followed with a "Ah... here it is..."

Yup. Even on TV, that's ridiculously common. Sleepy Hollow is horrible at this. They'll be standing in a huge library and someone thinks of a single passage and always immediately knows exactly what book it's in and where that book is.

Not sure about movies, but at least on tv shows, when ever someone gets arrested, someone they know says they have to go get some money and bail them out, and thats it, as if there out of trouble then. I for years thought that. But they hardly ever show them having to go back to court, the process it takes and it they are found innocent ,guilty or take a plea deal.

For that matter, how do all these criminal that get caught by super heroes end up in prison? Wouldn't the super hero have to appear in court?

For that matter, how do all these criminal that get caught by super heroes end up in prison? Wouldn't the super hero have to appear in court?

That sounds like an awesome Law & Order spinoff, that would fit well in today's entertainment landscape.

Seems like a better show than Powerless. (which I really want to like, but don't so far)

Personally, I've never seen a superhero movie where the bad guy got his Miranda Rights read to him, so I can easily see how the criminals always avoid prison time.

Hot chicks made up to look like nerds. Why not just get some hot nerds instead? They're out there but instead we get vapid models dressed up as geeks.

Especially when their concept of what's "nerdy" looks like it came from movies from 1992.

Personally, I've never seen a superhero movie where the bad guy got his Miranda Rights read to him, so I can easily see how the criminals always avoid prison time.
Well, technically, the superhero is not arresting people. They just tie them up and leave them for the cops. You know, false imprisonment. So I would bet that all the criminals they catch end up going free because of that.

I remember seeing this actual guy dressed like a super hero, but he would go around with a video camera, film a crime, then call the police. So I guess in that way, they have the evidence and have caught the bad guy. Then the "Super Hero" leaves the scene with no issues.

I remember seeing this actual guy dressed like a super hero, but he would go around with a video camera, film a crime, then call the police. So I guess in that way, they have the evidence and have caught the bad guy. Then the "Super Hero" leaves the scene with no issues.
"I am Cameraman! I am here to record your nefarious deeds and then hand it over to the appropriate authorities!"

Well, technically, the superhero is not arresting people. They just tie them up and leave them for the cops. You know, false imprisonment. So I would bet that all the criminals they catch end up going free because of that.

Technically, the tied up guy could still be easily prosecuted for their crime(s) if the evidence etc is there. Them being falsely imprisoned is a separate crime for which they are a victim of, it would be up to them to press charges and the police to then apprehend and prosecute the hero responsible.

Any chase scene involving a motorbike, whether it be the hero or villain, there will always be a gratuitous wheelie shot.

Spy movies, or those involving people working with a secret agency of some sort, the person(s) they were sent to protect show themselves to be adept at spy work and usually end up working for the agency at the end.

...that conveniently manages to hide the rider's face so audiences won't be able to tell it's a stunt person and not the actor playing the role.

Or they don't try all that hard and you DO see a stuntman in a helmet in the car, i.e. "Remember The Titans". Paused on the shot and everything.

Or they don't try all that hard and you DO see a stuntman in a helmet in the car, i.e. "Remember The Titans". Paused on the shot and everything.

But not when it involves a motorcycle, the hero almost always conveniently wears a full faced helmet with a dark visor. On the rare occasion we see them without a helmet it's always shot from the back.

But not when it involves a motorcycle, the hero almost always conveniently wears a full faced helmet with a dark visor. On the rare occasion we see them without a helmet it's always shot from the back.

Almost always.....then there's T2.

image.pngimage.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back