Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Orphans.

I'm tired of protagonist orphans

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
starlord.png

:lol

Something else that bugs me.

Governments, businesses, or scientific groups that put a test out for some random guy with the necessary skills/advanced critical thinking to solve.

That's not the part that bugs me. What bugs me is when they only put out ONE test. In some instances, sure, one test is all you need, but for most of them, they run the risk of recruiting someone on the basis of a lucky guess. At least put them through a battery of tests to make sure it isn't a fluke.

108 Pages! WOW! This might be the one thread Hollywood ignores... ;)

This isn't aimed at any one movie... but I hate when the writer/director has to spell everything out for the audience - regardless of what the "it" might be. I hate to give the audience too much credit but I like to think every now and then and not have everything spoon fed to me.

Its probably been mentioned, but I just saw the World of Warcraft trailer which has one of those scenes....

Someone running towards a cliff and jumping off an impossibly high height landing into battle and swinging away

there was a scene just like it in the 300 Rise of an Empire as well as several others

The action scene equivalent of the Wilhelm scream

Jubilee in x men movies . WHERE SHE DOES NOTHING !!!!!!! We are at 4 appearances and counting . at least she Had one short line this time . I think?

I don't think I'm TIRED of this thing but I wonder if there is a better way to do it?

I watched a movie last night where a brainy guy gets framed for murder by a violent gang. He learns how to fight and when he gets out gets revenge on the gang. At the 2nd to last scene, he has killed all the gang but he is bleeding a nd lays on the floor next to the girl he saved but is also bleeding from a stab wound. Also there was no concealing who he was from anybody or anything.

End scene, they are all smiling and driving on to their new lives together. Since it was a foreign film, maybe the police or paramedics who would have been needed to save the girl, just shrugged their shoulders and said "Ah, those are gang members so we give him a pass". No idea but I guess there is no way to make it end happily unless they skip over those parts of a story.

I know that it's part of the story and part of the action sequence... BUT... I have NEVER seen a car chase end with the perp(s) ACTUALLY getting away and evading capture only to come back later and cause more mayhem. As if the police, to include the chopper(s), either just "give up" and say "Golly Gee... they just vanished into thin air..." or they are ordered to hang back and know that our bad guys will be back! UGH

It might work in Grand Theft Auto and the movies... But to me those are "Come On, Man" moments! ;)

Its probably been mentioned, but I just saw the World of Warcraft trailer which has one of those scenes....

Someone running towards a cliff and jumping off an impossibly high height landing into battle and swinging away

there was a scene just like it in the 300 Rise of an Empire as well as several others

The action scene equivalent of the Wilhelm scream

I thought you were going to say they jump off and land on an animal or vehicle.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

I thought you were going to say they jump off and land on an animal or vehicle.

Basically just that show of running towards a cliff/building edge, leaping off, and then doing something afterward as if they wouldn't have splattered on the ground with a big thud

The new Tarzan trailer has a scene like that as well. The camera following fro behind as he runs towards a cliff and leaps off from an impossibly high height. Not sure what happens next. I am guessing he grabs a vine with ease after falling at least 50 feet or more and swings

Basically just that show of running towards a cliff/building edge, leaping off, and then doing something afterward as if they wouldn't have splattered on the ground with a big thud

The new Tarzan trailer has a scene like that as well. The camera following fro behind as he runs towards a cliff and leaps off from an impossibly high height. Not sure what happens next. I am guessing he grabs a vine with ease after falling at least 50 feet or more and swings
Without ripping the skin off his palms.

As for the leaping scenes, that's the modern version of that scene in every 3rd Western movie ever made, where someone jumps off a building or rock onto someone on horseback, knocking them to the ground with no injuries for either of them. Try that in real life and I promise you someone's going to have a broken arm or leg before the horse bolts off from the surprise.

Another that drives me nuts is the bad guy who already knows everything you're going to do before you've done it. The season ending for the last season of Walking Dead was downright silly. The bad guys set up people at every road where the good guys were going. Okay, I could see that, as they could hear the RV coming and be ready. But people set off on foot and the bad guys are standing in the woods exactly where they're expected and already captured everyone else and all in the same place? Who are these bad guys, are they mind readers?

Not movies, but I hate when there is an advert on that has obviously just been re-dubbed into UK English from either an american advert, or worse still a non english advert, complete with terrible lip synch.

Not movies, but I hate when there is an advert on that has obviously just been re-dubbed into UK English from either an american advert, or worse still a non english advert, complete with terrible lip synch.
Yeah, how about the obvious European commercials the company doesn't think that an audience won't notice as such?

Without ripping the skin off his palms.
Yeah, but Tarzan grew up in the jungle doing stuff like this all of the time, so his body is used to it. Or, so they would have us believe. :rolleyes

.... or when a person is dragged behind a horse or vehicle but can later get into a fistfight (Raiders is forgiven only because the sheer awesomeness of the rest of the film overwhelms this one weakness). Getting dragged is like putting your body against a belt sander with a 20 grit belt.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back